Altar suggestion/possible improvements

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HorndogT

11-04-2012

After playing a fair amount of twisted treeline on the shadow isles beta I thought of something that may improve the game play and excitement of this epic new map.

What if the altar points expired after a specified amount of time late game? This would decrease a bit of the snowballing effect that tends to happen up to a certain point, as well as add a bit of excitement.

What do you all think?

BoyceForte

11-06-2012

I posted this already on other post about altars, i'll share the idea again because i'm confident in my idea:

Increase the amount of time it takes to capture either altar. its almost effortless for 1 person to take an altar. having them lock after capture feels really rewarding and i love that, but its so easy to snag an altar, theres almost no response time.

balance is necessary of course, so i say make the cap rate increase exponentially for having 2 or 3 people cap. this makes the team commit more toward having at least 1 altar (especially in the beginning), but also helps keep yours safe because more people have to stop farming to put forth effort to capping your altar, not to mention if you watch the map, it will add presence to your game sense. An example: if you see 2 or 3 enemies have gone missing, it might be a safe conclusion that they are going for either a gank or an altar steal, where if only 1 is mia, then you may not come to the altar theft conclusion as much, but gank is still a strong possibility.

Its a little more risk vs reward, but its all about the thrill that comes from that kind of experience.

SecretStauce

11-06-2012

or make altars take longer to capture based on champ level lvl, that would give the team with lower level champs a bit of an advantage, counteracting the snowball effect.