Why You Lost (Extended Addition!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeXiiS

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethadind View Post
1st pick: Hey guys I'm gonna take top. Malphite.
2nd pick: Sweet, hey I'll support Alistar if he's not banned. Otherwise I can Taric or Soraka. Whatever we need.
3rd pick: Alright guys, Well I'm best at jungle and mid, I can do either really. Jungle I'd do Lee or Cho. Mid I'd probably grab Kennen.
4th pick: Go Kennen, we need the cc. I can ADC. Ezreal or Vayne, depending on their picks.
5th pick: Actually I'm not that good with jungle, care if I mid (3rd pick)? I'm really good with Malzahar.
3rd: Go for it dude. I'll grab Cho, we need the health and CC, especially if we don't get Alistar.
made me lol. like that ever happens
its more like
mid
no i wanna top
no i do
go **** urself im going top
fine 2 top then

HermitDeCrab

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

The problem with common sense, is that it really is not that common at all, and the awesome thing about this thread is that it pretty much points out what should be called "Not so common sense" It's amazing how some people fail to grasp the most simple things, and no I am not talking about how to play lol, I am talking about the fact that abusing your team will not help it, and if you cannot accept you are at fault you will not improve. And that is the emphasis of this thread which is what makes this thread so awesome... I have been trying to tell people these things for ages.. Just not much of a forum user, But seriously dude, well done on this, if more people could read this it would be amazing.

Few things I would like to add or emphasize if people can be bothered to read this far (Btw i pulled myself up from 600 elo to 1152 before season 2 ended). Every single game you play you WILL make at least one mistake, that can be spotted and improved even if you are playing amazing (i myself make millions of mistakes) Record your games, and watch them again, see everything you did wrong, and what you could do better COMPLETELY ignoring the rest of your team (the minute you watch your team you will start to blame them, it's 100Percent natural to blame others and to try and not see yourself as the one at fault).

I used to think that I was down in ELO hell because i was unlucky, and kept getting stuck with bads and afk's. I then played a few games with 1300 elo players and they were SO much better than me, Seriously, if you start thinking you are just in elo hell because you are unlucky, i'm sorry but you are wrong and the first step to realising that is looking at other better players. This is a hard lesson to learn, a big downer but the good news is you CAN get better, it is within you power and by admitting to yourself that you are not the worlds best but unluckiest player in the world you have taken the first and probably the BIGGEST step. By the way this is just my opinion, you can take it or leave it i REALLY don't wanna start a whole "does elo hell exist" debate on this thread because it is awesome.

A thing that was kinda hinted at in the first post but I think needs to be re-iterated because it is so important is that getting kills is NOT carrying. You can carry a game with 0 kills, and a metric poop ton of deaths. For example, just because Darius knows how to press R and gets 190058 Kills, 0 deaths and 0 assists, does not mean he is carrying. I have seen so many cases where a darius gets fed this way, thinks he is the bees knees, start charging in 1v5 and throwing the game chanting "omg you noobs i am carrying so hard you all suck that why we lose noobs omg" whilst the support that has done amazing and gotten no kills is getting absolutely no credit.. No wonder no one wants to support when you do an amazing game and people call you a feeder for it.....Which leads me on to my next point...

For some reason or another it seems to be really difficult for anyone to say "good job", two simple words, or even two letters, people constantly try, but somehow it comes out as "omg you noob why ks me? i carry you so hard AFK NOOD FEEDING NOW"..Seriously, if someone does a good job, tell them.. it will make them feel better about themselves and it doesn't cost you anything. And if someone is feeling better they WILL be playing better.

tl;dr: If you wanna know what i said stop being lazy read the damn thing.

Kenetin

02-22-2013

bump

Lethadind

02-25-2013

So, it's been awhile folks, but I'm gonna bump this bad boy. I feel like the community needs to see it again.

Let me know what you guys think I should add as well, I'm more than willing.

Lethadind

03-03-2013

Bump! Guys I added a section in Post #3, as well as a question to start out the Q&A! Ask more questions, make comments, upvote, keep this thread alive please! People still need it.

Lethadind

03-05-2013

bump

Lethadind

03-06-2013

Added another section, it's one of my favorites actually. Noticed a few more upvotes. Thanks guys! Again, feel free to comment and ask questions, or just critique, correct, etc. anything you don't agree with!

Bruiserdemon

03-25-2013

OP said to keep this alive, so BUMP.

LifeSmash

03-25-2013

Good read--the whole thread really, not just the op.

RampageLoL

05-22-2013

LOL bronze 5....