Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends 5v5 Mode: Capture The Flag.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bandanamonium

10-04-2010

How bout this?

Flag carrier gains new abilities to replace his own. (passive stays) Though you can strike with the flag for moderate damage new flag carrying animations would have to be added.

Ability 1: Flag Smash - Deals physical damage (bonus damage from AD) and lowers armor and magic resistance of the target. Cooldown 10 seconds.
Ability 2: Flag Throw - Throws the flag (short skillshot) dealing physical damage (bonus damage from AP) and the flag is thrown to the struck enemy or location. The flag can't be picked up by an ally for 3 seconds afterwards. Team Cooldown 20 seconds.
Ability 3: Heavy Burden (passive) - Flag carrier is slowed and gains 15 armor and 15 magic resistance. (not much but hey)
Ultimate: The War - Deals true damage to everyone around the flag carrier and returns the flag back to the enemy base. The flag can't be picked up by an ally for 15 seconds afterwards. Team Cooldown 120 seconds.

Bandanamonium

10-04-2010

Quote:
Aarku:
You know what I HATE about CTF posts? lol

the "Oh imagin suchandsuch champ they would be OP!!"

When the solution is simple, pick up the flag and all your abilities change from your current champions abilities to 4 'flag carrier' spell list. (summoner spells disable while you hold it)

Q - Single target attack
W - Aoe attack
E - Pole Vaulting (mini rocket jump)
R - Lower CC duration for a while.

Some **** like that... and I guess the passive would have to change as well.

#EDIT#
Not that I am pro CTF map personally I think the more queue options people have to join the more annoying it will get to find a game... unless they add a "join random map" option.

Dang! You beat me to the punch.

Politburo

10-04-2010

Quote:
Folyz:
Flagholders are sillenced and slowed, all movement/stealth buffs are cleansed.

I think this one should be the winner. Deals with champion specific stats too.

If the champ picking it up is...
The Tank: Makes it to the flag the easiest, but now he can't CC for his team anymore. Dispatching the squishy carries and moving onto the tank last counters.
The Carry: Already needs protection to survive, but also easiest to kill, dropping the flag.
The Support: Mixture of the above, I would believe.

Also prevents ms stacking and such. Champion base ms is typically representative of their class anyways.

Errodu

10-04-2010

Quote:
Bandanamonium:
Ability 2: Flag Throw - Throws the flag (short skillshot) dealing physical damage (bonus damage from AP) and the flag is thrown to the struck enemy or location. The flag can't be picked up by an ally for 3 seconds afterwards. Team Cooldown 20 seconds..

Boy it sounds like to me that you wanna start a little game called FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL.

I think that'd be kinda cool to pass the flag back and fourth between players. Maybe not even have a flag, but a Nexus Crystal that is shaped like a

FOOTBALL.

Aarku

10-04-2010

Quote:
Bandanamonium:
Dang! You beat me to the punch.

I liked your spells better though specially the ultimate I love that idea.

Bandanamonium

10-04-2010

Quote:
Errodu:
Boy it sounds like to me that you wanna start a little game called FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL.

I think that'd be kinda cool to pass the flag back and fourth between players. Maybe not even have a flag, but a Nexus Crystal that is shaped like a

FOOTBALL.

Hence the entire team shares the cooldown of 20 seconds. You could throw it over trees or over a wall to buy some time but it wouldn't be game changing.

Messiaha

10-04-2010

I disagree with all of you twitch would be the pro flag carrier!

Errodu

10-05-2010

Football.