GD: Teach me how to play Jayce!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cool Stuffz

11-04-2012

Title^

Need some tips and tricks on playing/building Jayce, because I want to get good with him, just don't know how to get there.

Fiskerton

11-04-2012

start hammer:
q->w->auto->e->r->e->q->w->auto->auto->auto->r->repeat

build bt and ga and abuse the fact your cannon e-q combo is a nuclear bomb

notFREEfood

11-04-2012

e q when ranged, q e when in hammer

Done.

Cool Stuffz

11-04-2012

>.>

I was hoping there might be a LITTLE more than that.... Because in the last few games I've played as Jayce I haven't done well. I'm also bad at escaping ganks with him and I don't know why.

Panthaz89

11-04-2012

Jayce requires that you are mechanically skilled player when it comes to aiming and movement. You need to be able to find the most craftiest ways to escape or get a kill when playing him. You need to practice at being mechanically good before doing any good with jayce at all.

FoxReagan

11-04-2012

For strategy watch videos, to get a handle on how to micro the champ and aim play proving grounds

Et?rnal Demon

11-04-2012

I most likely play Jayce "hit and back"

Actually, here are few tips:

If youre playing against melees, always go for the Ranged mode. Keep harrassing them if they want to kill CS.

If they jump on you, quickly transfer to hammer and knock them away.

If you harass hardly, Q to jump, while they are slowed quickly go in front of them so they get behind you and knock them the opposite way and re-transform, and do the range spells then back in the brushes if the enemy minions are targetting you. The aggro should stop and your opponent should of lost more HP than you did.

If youre playing against a ranged:
Always max Q.

If youre playing against a melee that jumps:
Always max E.

-----
When getting ganked, always put the Gate and pass through as its going to give movement speed, and right after its casted, change to your hammer and knock back the one who deals the most damage/with the most CC, so that you can safely go under your tower. Other than that, you need good map awareness and wards each recalls.

For builds I recommend:

Boots + 3HP pots
1st recall at 1K gold ~
Buy two dorans blade.
-
Rush a trinity force by starting with a phage. The extra HP helps quite alot.
Then get a Guardians Angel.
Then a Wits End.

And from there you can decide what to go with:
Bloodthirster/Warmog/etc.

Lord Ryushishin

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjerry1 View Post
>.>

I was hoping there might be a LITTLE more than that.... Because in the last few games I've played as Jayce I haven't done well. I'm also bad at escaping ganks with him and I don't know why.
What are your Runes, Masteries and Item Build?

If you are getting Ganked, use your Hammer Mode E to push them aside and switch over to Cannon Mode and lay down an Accerlation Gate. Pretty much reverse this if you are in Cannon Mode first. Plus you can always do something crazy like Hammer Mode Q onto a minion to add more distance.

Geist1337

02-26-2013

Another tip for jayce is while in cannon form, you can fire your shockblast and put up your accel. gate at the exact same time (when smartcasting). So by pointing your cursor at or on the enemy with just a little bit of distance, pressing both the hotkeys for the abilities allows you to shockblast-accel. gate combo instantly making it difficult to dodge.

ORC25

05-13-2013

be pro