The Crossroads - Chapter One: Be afraid of the Dark.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muggtonp

01-17-2013

((I am, thanks. I'll try and slip back in after he does.))

Luparis

01-17-2013

((No, I'm afraid I'm killing this thread. Necro left, El Melloi or whatever, and the posts are in all honesty really dull. Granted I toook leave for the holidays without notice, but the replies I get for lengthy posts or so dull I have 0 nterest in pressing this thread. If any of you really want it to keep going, you're welcome to take it over. But I won't write a full blown, lengthy, detailed RP for nothing.))

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

((The problem with this RP is you write a lengthy post about how uber OP the ghosts are, so all that can really happen is for the characters to run. Hard to make a long post about that. Nothing against you of course, I just think it's the nature of this RP, the Shadow Isles are too stronk, nerf now.))

Luparis

01-18-2013

The problem, Leiry, is that I mentioned multiple times that we are not supposed to be beating the undead, yet. Very explicitly did I say it, and try to impose the impression that the undead are NOT alive, and don't die! At least not easy.

But more importantly I pointed out in the beginning in ooc that this was a dar mystery sort of thing. It was not solely action oriented. So when I throw up posts detailing the effects of the environment, or how people should feel when surrounded by undead ina dire situation, a little more is hoped for. A reaction to your world around is greatly appreciated, and when it isn't then this is not appealing, and fails as an RP.

I openly admit to not being the best writer, or even creative. But I at least acknowledge things. This just simply fell short, at least eventually.

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Yeah, it was difficult to write my character's thoughts on the things though, since he has little to no knowledge in the arcane. His thoughts would have mostly been along the lines of "pesky magic," "why can't I kill this s**t," and "give me something I can actually kill"

AskKarthus

01-18-2013

(( I thought the point of this RP was to explore an unfamiliar, dangerous landscape while trying to rescue a woman, not to kill things. ))

leirynot

01-18-2013

((You forget, Darkeye was hiring mercenaries. Takuma is a mercenary, part of rescuing people is killing whatever has them prisoner. Takuma wouldn't really care about the Shadow Moon, or why the undead are attacking, he just wants to rescue the woman and get paid, and, if he is able, get anything to help him kill a lot of people in Noxus and Zaun.))

AskKarthus

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by leirynot View Post
((You forget, Darkeye was hiring mercenaries. Takuma is a mercenary, part of rescuing people is killing whatever has them prisoner. Takuma wouldn't really care about the Shadow Moon, or why the undead are attacking, he just wants to rescue the woman and get paid, and, if he is able, get anything to help him kill a lot of people in Noxus and Zaun.))
(( The problem here is that we don't know where she is. We have to do this before we can save her. ))

leirynot

01-20-2013

((True, but the only place one would expect to find evidence in was the manor, which they couldn't stay in.))