The Crossroads - Chapter One: Be afraid of the Dark.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luparis

11-28-2012

Approaching the mainhall, the others would have seen Darkeye standing still in the doorway. Sprawled across the floor were several bodies, ripped and torn to pieces. Above them, Aguma and the duo of minotaur guards. None of them seemed phased, but neither did they appear to have any comphrehension on the matter. Outside, the wind was beginning to blow quite fierce, battering the windows and doors to the Manor quite fiercely.

"There was no wind a moment ago." Darkeye said, calmly. He crouched beside one of the servants limbs and looked at an arm. Strange green fluids around tear marks. Severe bruising around where it was most likely pulled from the body, rather than cut or torn. A window, not feet from a guard shattered, spraying glass onto the floor... mostly.

Several shards stopped short of the floor, lifting in front of the startled guard, turned upright with the most sharpened pieces and thrust through his armor into his head. Before Darkeye could speak, an eery howl filled the room. The sound started low, growing louder and louder, becoming more a growl, than howl. Eventually it seemed like a man, a man indeep, agonizing pain.

"Terrific.." Darkeye snapped, slamming a fist against the floor. He got to his feet, running to the window and pulled open the curtains. His head immediately snapped back, fleeing from a long green hand which quickly turned into a severely damaged, fleshless torso, and snapping jaws of a ghoul. "Aguma! Get those mercenaries to work! Get another look at those gardens, learn more about the shadows and what they were so desperate to keep hidden from us."

Aguma stepped between the mercenaries and Darkeye. He pointed towards the way they came, keeping his cool. but behind him, the doors of the manor were ripped open by another ghoul, much bigger, appearing something like a troll. Its body was warped, gray and bony. The dead troll charged Darkeye before a minotaur bull rushed it, slamming it into a wall and grabbing it by its throat, throwing it into a wall. "Go," He said, "Go!"

AskKarthus

11-28-2012

(( Permission to use my OP lich-ness? ))

"I'm going to rend what is left of our pitiful foe's soul," Karthus says as he activates Defile, "Stay clear of me, for your safety."

Luparis

11-28-2012

((Well, you actually are not supposed to fight. Hence Aguma getting in the way, and cutting you off from Darkeye.))

AskKarthus

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luparis View Post
((Well, you actually are not supposed to fight. Hence Aguma getting in the way, and cutting you off from Darkeye.))
(( Karthus' day job is fighting, he sees an enemy, what do you think he would do? ))

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Takuma kept his whip coiled, not wanting any ghouls to grab it if he tried to drag it along the ground. He began to move back the way they had came, then looked to Karthus. "Come on, they said to get back to the gardens, it would be best to do as they say. I'm sure they can handle themselves. Besides, we may have missed something in the gardens, perhaps there's something there that may help us stop these ghouls."

AskKarthus

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by leirynot View Post
Takuma kept his whip coiled, not wanting any ghouls to grab it if he tried to drag it along the ground. He began to move back the way they had came, then looked to Karthus. "Come on, they said to get back to the gardens, it would be best to do as they say. I'm sure they can handle themselves. Besides, we may have missed something in the gardens, perhaps there's something there that may help us stop these ghouls."
Noticing that the other won't budge, Karthus deactivates Defile. He looks back to Takuma, "So be it, I can't help but be curious as to this foe. I suppose I shall concede this point."

Luparis

11-28-2012

One of the pestilent ghouls dropped to all fours, much like a predator cat ready to pounce on its prey. It launced itself off its hind legs and was caught by the throat by Aguma. It claws at his arm, kicking with its hind legs, then bit his wrist.

Aguma roared in pain and smashed against the wall over and over, barely phasing the creature. On the fourth attempt, and just as the ghoul sank its teeth into him yet again, a large statue beside the hallway collapsed between he and the rest of the group. The angellic stone shattered, but left the passage from the mercenaries and the main hall impassable.

"Go on, listen to the sulken mercenary with the whip!" Aguma hoisted the ghoul into the air, one hand on its throat, the other around the front of its cranium and threw it across the room. Another one entered from the coordior, then 2 more from the window. "Before we're overrun!"

Necromonger

11-28-2012

Lizzie dispatched an oncoming ghoul with a swift, turning kick to the head, followed by a crushing blow with her staff. Somehow she felt she knew how to fight the undead every second she spent here.

"Then up the stairs we go. Who knows how many of these creeps are outside." She blazes a trail upstairs, seeing as there were plenty of rather large obstructions- objects and undead alike- down here.

Grand Viper

11-28-2012

The mercenary woman motioned to them hurriedly, "Let ze lich take point. My troop und I vill take ze back for any of zem that tries to attack."

Shadows started to dance about the woman, "Move, people, move! Schnell schnell schnell! Vite vite vite!"

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Takuma stayed near the middle of the group, checking all sides for any enemies that may appear. Seeing as how a ghoul had come out of the ground earlier, one couldn't know for sure where they might spring up.