The Crossroads - Chapter One: Be afraid of the Dark.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

11-25-2012

"Because no one else vill for zem. Zey deserve more zan ze fear people react vith."

AskKarthus

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
"Because no one else vill for zem. Zey deserve more than the fear people react vith."
"Then do as you wish. I shall remain with you, however. I trust these little more than Shaco in a good mood."

muggtonp

11-25-2012

Pausing mid-crawl, Cruciatus listens quietly to the conversation.

Delmegar

11-26-2012

"Withdraw!?" Darkeye growls at Lizzie, he turns back at her displaying a face of rage. "I will not forsake this place. Not until my family is returned to me. This is out of the question. And cowardice has no place here. If you are unable to compose yourself, then get out. Brave the Isles alone, because here is a place for warriors."

Outside his guards moved to flank Karthus while above the courtyard gardens, in a balcony. More guards appeared with bows. Each of them notched arrows and aimed at the shade, waiting for it to become physical again or do whatever they were capable of doing to thwart it. Which unless it became solid, would be nothing.

The shadow lowered itself, its eyes at ground level. Its form was almost nothing but a pool of blood at this point. It moved closer and closer to the mercenary, hissing, drowning the flowers in the garden and turning them inside out as the demonic blood made them wilt instantly. "Tell you, mortal? I will tell you nothing. Your ignorance is as despicable as are your other human qualities, arrogant wench. To believe you can control me... Let us test this theory."

The shade erupted from the ground, screeching a terrible schreech that would of brought any in ear shot to their knees. The blood gushing from her wrist solidified, turning black and taking form of the creature. As it was now in range ofher, only inchees away, its claws wrapped around her arms and its mouth opened revealing the terrible razor teeth.

"Behold evil, Lich. And you, human... learn your place." A claw raised into the air and thrust forward through her chest. As it did, the blood shade exploded into darkness and leaving no trace.

Grand Viper

11-26-2012

"Ignorance can be seen in any creature, crimson one," the mercenary calmly spoke. When the creature reached over to pierce her chest, it did so successfully. The woman did not move and stared at the dissipating darkness. "My body is one with ze shadows. To say otherwise, is to be truly ignorant. What eez it that you can tell me, crimson one? What ees happening here?"

Just a bit more...

Delmegar

11-26-2012

"Watch and learn, blood sister... You are mine....."

Necromonger

11-26-2012

"I meant withdrawing into the mansion to strategize." Lizzie corrected. She may have been a level headed journalist, but she was also -Ionian Guard- and disliked being accused of cowardice.

She observed the creature, and bore witness to it coming closer. "But it seems a tactical withdrawal is out of the-" It opened its mouth to unleash the sonic attack. Lizzie could not react effectively to defend herself and went deaf, losing her equilibrium for a moment and falling on all fours. Her Noxian pain training kicked in eventually, and Lizzie did stand up- but the shade was gone.

Lizzie was separated from her sword a few moments, and felt the cold and forbidding chill of the Isles now, feeling her vulnerability as her bloodline attracted the dead much as her sword did. She stumbled about, trying to retrieve her sword but only grasping at grass.

"Aaaahh....swwooord..." She blurted, the effects of deafness readily apparent... She was a few inches from her weapon.

AskKarthus

11-26-2012

"I thought I had explained what I may be," Karthus mused. He turned to Lizzie, his hand glowing pink, "I am no expert in healing magic, but as I have stated, life and death are two parts of the same coin. If you permit, I am capable of healing you to a certain degree."

Necromonger

11-26-2012

"DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?" Lizzie looked at Karthus, getting defensive. Why was the big scary Lich waving his glowing hand at her?

AskKarthus

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromonger View Post
"DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?" Lizzie looked at Karthus, getting defensive. Why was the big scary Lich waving his glowing hand at her?
"Yes I did, as a matter of fact," Karthus says as he fires another blast at the shade. "I wish to assist you, as you have been injured." Karthus moves slowly to her, making no sudden movements.