Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zed vs Talon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boot

12-31-2012

Quote:
smackledorb:
zed ults someone they just flash and he cant reach them, talon E someone they silenced for the 1 second he does his burst then he stealth away, zed is too slow and his W too short range which is why he needs reworking if you ask me

I completely agree. I can't tell you how many times i'd ult with Zed, and my target would just flash away taking minimal damage. I do agree his W Shadow needs a bit more range to be effective.

Kino

12-31-2012

Talon does have the natural advantage of his target not being able to retaliate with skills (or escape for that matter) for the duration of his silence.

That, combined with the fact Zed's Q is notoriously difficult to hit might be able to do some justice on Talon imo.

Although... OP did forget that Zed's W has an innate AD deathcap function :P

holgs

12-31-2012

Although Zed may have less mobility than Talon, his spamable E and passive give him a lot more DPS = more use in team fights.

Filthy Meadows

01-01-2013

i play talon avidly, and if he was buffed he'd dominate even more in twisted tree, he's amazing in TT, and it'll make TT unplayable for any non-talon players

also talon has the ability to mid against an ap carry on summoner's rift

all in all i'm fine with talon

maybe if you offered him some lower cd on his e, but eh

golve11

01-10-2013

im totally agree with the dude up here xD even after they nerfed talon when he cames out talon pasive is not that great in compairison with zeds ulti but steal talon can pick one kill in a 5 champs team and run without damage zed needs the team help to kill the one that talon kill so i go for talon EVER xD

l Batman l

03-06-2013

I personally prefer Zed and I have played both champs a lot. But the definition of an assassin is someone who can target 1 enemy and take them down as quickly as possible. I fell that Zed is able to do this much better and easier than Talon. Talon is able to do more damage to multiple enemies but Zed can finish someone quickly enough to find another person to tear apart. I actually got my second Quadra-Kill ever with Zed earlier today.

gintsu

03-07-2013

hmm hard to say Talon has always felt and from match experience seemed like a clean up champion or picking off a member of the team that's out of position. Where Zed has more of a hard engage feel to him with his kit. Talon has become a great mid champ to counter ap users but Zed is stronger as a solo top.

PermaFreeze

03-28-2013

um bud, zed has 3 gap closers if yu run flash, NO ONE GETS AWAY if you're worth **** with zed

PermaFreeze

03-28-2013

and his shadow has same range as a flash, maybe slightly less but if you're chasing, shoot it at em, then e to slow, then switch places with it

Cupping Colorz

03-29-2013

Quote:
imakeyoubleed98:
and his shadow has same range as a flash, maybe slightly less but if you're chasing, shoot it at em, then e to slow, then switch places with it
But then you would have no escape method and Zed ult is delayed so if they shield or heal the target Zed ult could possibly fail while Talon is 1,2 dead and he uses his ulti to finish off the target and the silence prevents flash. Also if Zed also ults they know Zed is coming so hes gonna get cced pretty hard. Talon's e is a blink so by the time Zed gets to the target with his ulti as a gapcloser Talon has already killed a target. Assuming that the target is not a bruiser or tank. But if the target is alone then Zed's Burst is superior. Also Zed has no disable so if there is a Kat on the other team he cant really stop her ult if his team has no disables resulting in about 1900 damage to 3 of your team and Talon silences kat before she can do that. Talon could then go for the adc after hes done killing kat and his e is back up but by the time he gonna do that 1.)Talon's team killed their adc already 2.)The enemy team could be retreating.