@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocte Prime

11-04-2012

Garen's Q

Lint Wizard

11-04-2012

This happens to me a lot with Cho in the jungle, I think his Q and W both suffer it, possibly his R as well. I know I've experienced it with other champs, but I can't remember who or when. Possibly Syndra and her spells in lane?

Bullettime7

11-04-2012

Happens every game with Malphite and Shyvana's E.

schandlerga

11-04-2012

Happens all the time for me with Twitch after I use Expunge. Super annoying stuff.
Thanks for communicating back with us and looking at the issues

KiwiTheTORT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.
I just got it to happen with 100% frequency with Malphite by starting to attack a creep and then pressing his e twice rapidly before the animation for it completes. I am going to assume this is the way it happens on most characters.

edit: you do not continue to autoattack after being struck by a minion when this occurs, you will simply stand there until another command is given.

Muckay

11-04-2012

It's called animation cancelling... it's caused by you.

Captain Jamaica

11-04-2012

One example i had was hecarim's E

attack command

E

hecarim charges then stands still

MiceVolta

11-04-2012

Nautilus have this problem too, his E cancels his auto attack, so annoying

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Malph E suffer from this issue, is really annoying because each time you ground slam you have a chance to just lose your target and just stand there doing nothing, I have to basically mash clicks to ensure that I will not stop auto attacking.

ArmySquirrel

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.
I actually think I know what the OP is talking about, I've had it happen with Diana jungling on occasion but the exact cause I've not been able to identify. It seems either related to Q or W. I will try to see if I can regularly reproduce it after Azubu and Najin and report back.