@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

It's a very random and EXCEPTIONALLY frustrating bug and has been happening for some time now. Riven was the big one for me though plenty of other characters get it too (can't think of specifics however). Please don't think this is just our imaginations, it's very real and it's VERY frustrating.

I also smartcast all my spells btw.

Sharen82

11-04-2012

I know i've had this issue w/ voli's frenzy. for a short time the bug stopped and then it started again

Vert Saga

11-04-2012

same with Vladimir's E ...so annoyin =\

OneHellofaButler

11-04-2012

ive had my attacks stop with WW before, cost methe kill

KaiserSosev

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

This one and the one we enemies looks like the are teleporting base when you see them

Sagethyme

11-04-2012

The most common ones for this to happen to me on are Shyvs 'e' and Rengars 'e', it seemed to start occurring regularly when SMARTCASTING the abilites. It seems to happen with both single target nukes and skillshots, I cant recall it happening for gapclosers.

Fiya

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiarkSavior View Post
Going into stealth cancels your auto attack.

This is extremely annoying when playing Talon or Vayne.

Man is it annoying.
I think that makes sense... If you AA when in stealth it cancels the stealth... So, why would they have you AA? What if you're trying to run and it comes across a minion and starts Auto Attacking it

Riina Tada

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.
I don't think there is a step to recreate I don't have this problem on Amumu at all I have this problem with Malphite, Fiora, Xin, and Ashe, when i use Malphite E, Fiora W, Xin, E and Ashe W about 1/50 times i will stop auto attacking completely, it gets annoying early but not much of a problem late game.

Habimaru

11-04-2012

Kennen: When you use his W (and don't click at all right afterwards)
Akali: When you use her E (and don't click at all right afterwards)
Twitch: When you use his E (and don't click at all right afterwards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
I'm unable to repro this with Amumu E. I started the game, leveled E, and stood in from of Blue. Without giving an attack order, I hit E, and Amumu auto-acquired one of the enemies and began auto-attacking. Without doing anything else, I cast E again, which interrupted his auto-attack, but he started attacking again afterwards.

If someone can give me exact steps, that would be helpful.
How are these not easily repeat-able steps ? Replicable.

ABMatrix

11-04-2012

It happens with Nautilus E, where as soon as you activate the ability he'll just stop autoattacking in the jungle.