@Riot, please for the love of god fix that bug that makes you stop autoattacking

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 31
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiwiTheTORT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

It is really aggravating when you are jungling because you will take more hits than you normally would (unless you are constantly clicking on the creep) or in a team fight and you use an ability and one more hit would have finished off the enemy carry but then you discover your character decided to forget it was attacking someone. Sometimes there is so much congestion that you simply can't re-click on the person, for instance if a giant chogath is standing in front of them.

I was ok with this bug when it was introduced because I work in the industry too and I understand bugs happen, you just have to deal with it. However, I figured it would be resolved by the next patch or two at most but this is taking you guys way too long to get around to.

edit:
I can get it to happen with 100% frequency with Malphite by starting to attack a creep and then pressing his e twice rapidly before the animation for it completes. I am going to assume this is the way it happens on most characters. From what I have read of other people's experiences it may have something to do with latency as well.

Here is a video someone did of the problem on page 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbs0317 View Post
Dear @WhattayaBrian , I just take a sample video.
hope your help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diAqTj-3oHg
edit2:
Very important update from WhattayaBrian:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Hey guys,

All of the information in this thread has been super helpful. I want to try to break down the issues here so people understand what the plan is.

There is a systemic issue involving spell queuing that can happen if you try to cast a spell twice in very quick succession. This is more likely to happen in high latency environments. We have a consistent repro of this (thanks to all of you!), and I am going to explore solutions.

There are other, character specific interactions, like Talon E. These are not "bugs" so much as "design decisions". I'm going to kick these to the design team and see what they want to do with them. No guarantee anything will get changed on this front. Or perhaps we will change them, but it won't be immediate. I just don't want you guys to get the wrong idea.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

11-04-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

I have not experienced this nor have I heard people talking about it...

Repro steps?

For example, both Riven and Fiddle have certain issues with not recovering from a spell quick enough, but I don't know of any systemic issue.

RiFb Sheepy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

I believe that amumu has this problem with his E.

When you use it it will make you stand there like a lemon until you try to take another action.

Heydees

11-04-2012

I have experienced this as well. When playing Nidalee when I W in cat form I sometimes stop attacking. Also when playing mao if I use his snare I sometimes stop attacking. I have experienced it with a few other champions as well. When it happens again Ill try to get more detail I thought it was just me.

NinjaNick95

11-04-2012

Amumu definitely has this issue. I main him and have experienced it multiple times.

Lesthrid

11-04-2012

Quote:

Repro steps?

For example, both Riven and Fiddle have certain issues with not recovering from a spell quick enough, but I don't know of any systemic issue.
It's happened to me with Nautilus. He stops autoattacking after using E. It's very annoying.

Chalisar the Mad

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GosuSCII View Post
I believe that amumu has this problem with his E.

When you use it it will make you stand there like a lemon until you try to take another action.
A lot of champions have abilities that cause them to stop auto attacking. I always assumed it was intended.

Celestya

11-04-2012

Quote:

Repro steps?

It's been around for AGES. Best repro I've ever had was just headbutt pulv with Ali, almost always leaves him not attacking. It's super annoying.

1st HanarSpectre

11-04-2012

Malphite's ground slam usually cancels his auto attack.
Rengar's bola does it too I believe, and there are more that I just don't remember at the top of my head.

It's been going on for so long and people posted about it a ton on the forum, I can't believe Riot would say they never heard of it...

Reygekan

11-04-2012

Happens to me all the time as Jungle Shyv, after using her E. I've taken to spamming right clicks in the meantime.

I've only noticed this in the jungle, but it may happen elsewhere too.

1234511 ... 31