Horrible framerate drop in team fights

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenogenic

11-21-2009

Before the store came out and I was using the older client, I had everything on High at the max resolution and this game was smooth as butter. I have a gtx 285, so I'd see my FPS shoot over 100 regularly in-game.

I had to download the newest client after the store came out because I was getting the error that my client was being rejected, and now in team battles my framerate drops below 10 fps with everything set to Low.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated...it's made the game unplayable =/

JonTehKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2009

Perhaps something is unintentionally running in the background? Is anything using extra CPU other than LoL in the task manager?

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2009

It must be something on your end. I have an 8600 GTS, 2.2 ghz core 2 duo, 4 gigs of ram, and vista home premium. I play at medium-high settings with 0 lag. Your video card is a lot better than mine. Is your ram up to par?

reapermaster

11-21-2009

what region of the world are you in? its common that anyone outside the US has this issue. Most commonly its linked to DNS.

Xenogenic

11-23-2009

I'm in the U.S., so that's not it. This only started after I got the new client. Updated video drivers, reinstalled the whole game...didn't help. My framerate is still unplayable in team fights.

Interestingly enough, I noticed tonight it's only when I'm engaged in a team fight...my framerate is fine if I'm dead and watching the other 9 people duke it out. Might have something to do with the effects from being hit, the red flashes, etc.?