Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

FPS problems in games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Brute

I bought a new laptop nearly a week ago, but all of my games except League of Legends and World of Warcraft run at 20 FPS. I get 60 FPS maxed on league and about 30 maxed on WoW. But my other games stay at 20, even though I know they can go higher. Blacklight: Retribution is one of the games I have problems with, it runs at 20 on minimum settings and just a hair under 20 maxed out.Is this a problem with the Fraps program I use to benchmark and record? Or is it an in-game problem. This also happens when I play Tribes: Ascend and GTA IV. I will be upgrading my RAM soon but I don't think this is the problem. Thank you for any help!

AMD Quad-Core processor A6-3420M (1.5 GHz) with Turbo CORE technology up to 2.4 GHz (only when needed)
AMD Radeon HD 6520G with 512 Graphics System Memory