Spirit Visage + Ruby Crystal + Emblem of Valor.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azkalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitufito Dell View Post
This is stupidly OP.
Armor MR HP, the most OP combination of stats on a item, plus cdr, plus regeneration increase (ADC will pick it over GA, because it affect Life Steal), and a OP aura passive, that ofc will follow aura rules and stack up to 2 times. Imagine a team Volibear-Mundo, both of them whit this and a force of nature. That 3.5% hp regen per second is... OP at hell.

You should know that the only item that offer Armor HP and MR is Aegis, is right now one of the best items on the game, and it's stats are pretty low.
No, it's really not OP. If you consider this OP, then many itens that are live now woudln't even have passed by your test. Then again, you have healing and regenration debuff in the game to counter this. Learn to use it.

Funny thing how you claim to say something is OP based on a single situation, a Volibear and a Mundo in the same team. As this is a special situation, you have Morello, Executioner's Calling and Ignite to counter this.

EDIT: Forgot to say, Aegis have a total diferent role. This item provides low MR and Armor to the user, and >just< the user. Aegis provides low defensive status for THE WHOLE TEAM. These makes this itens stays in totally diferent places while both are under the support category.

Azkalas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nova View Post
I DO believe that the Spirit Visage should be able to be built into a higher tier item, HOWEVER, the approach to his is sorta if-y in my eyes. Not trying to shoot down your idea, it's pretty neat, but the Spirit Visage has been heavily considered an anti-AP item, in that it provides MR and HP at the same time, with a decent passive that somewhat counters grievous wound. I agree that the higher tier item for Spirit Visage should have a greatly increased MR and HP bonus while keeping the passive, but for an item like this I don't see armor having a place in this item. I know it's an upgrade to the passive of the Emblem of Valor, but unless you get an above-average amount of armor for this Gauntlets of the Titan, it seems very out of place. Increasing the armor to between 45 to 65 would make more sense, but in turn another item would have to be added to the recipe. The passive is perfectly fine in my eyes, tanks would greatly benefit from it without being overpowered, and other champs would benefit from just that little extra more sustain during drawn-out team fights. Overall a very decent item, all I can say is either remove or increase the amount of armor this item provides.

Last thoughts: Increasing the total HP to around 650 and the MR to a solid 50 would also seem like a rather nice bonus too. Up to you though if you take my advice or not. Good luck!

Edit: I generally like having item concepts being a bit above average, then lowering them to meet balance. Thus some of my remarks.
Then again, a really appreciated feedback! Thanks for your reply.
When I first thought on this, the original idea wasn't add an Emblem of Valor, but a Giant's Belt instead, and so the item would have exactly the value of HP you said [with a diferent price and all], but I felt it would be too much HP for a single item. I considered the items that currently gives you the most HP are Rilay, Warmogs and Frozen Mallet, and those gives pure HP/HP regen or lots of HP with with offensive power/utility. It's not a coincidence that these items doesn't provide with them Armor and Magic Resistance cause this would instantly solve much of the tanks problems and will kinda be a 'must have first' item due to the all around defensive status. The only item that currently gives you huge amount of Armor and Magic Resist, in the other hand, does not provide the Health [in theory, but gives you the right to revive, with a cooldown. This is the Guardian Angel. Next to this, giving lower status but to the whole team we have Aegis, a cheap item team focused, not single focused]. The item I suggested have elements of all these, but it's not "the best to have" in any of this cases. Check it out:

1 - The HP is good, but it's still inferior to many other options
2 - The armor is there, but then again, not in the best place. As you said, and you're right, the armor is there because of the Emblem of Valor. This is much more to give the Emblem of Valor a second option when it comes to upgrade then anything else. What I've done is just kill 2 rabbits with a single shot. I'm sugesting a decent all around item for support/tanks [few bruisers can make use, like Mundo] thatr makes use of Spirit Visage. I can see this item being a pick on other champions that would never run Spirit Visage too, like Shen [a tank], Taric [can be a hybrid tank/support] and Sona and Soraka [support]. I mentioned these 3 to illustrate the diferent roles that could make se of this. And of course, already said, Mundo [bruiser] for another category.

I believe if I raise the armor to this amount[50~60], It would make it too viable for a single item so I'd rather leaving the armor as this item's weakest status. I believe the game already have awesome strong armor option [In fact, this is the defensive status with the best options to choose from] and the armor in this item is much more symbolical [EoV] then anything else. I can list Randuin, Guardian Angel, Thornmail and Frozen Heart being splendid Armor options and Sunfire Cape and Atma being decent armor option. This item is to be, in armor, less desirable than this all.

For you argument of the low armor, I can mention Randuin's cooldown. That 5% cooldown reduction that comes from nowhere [there's no CDR item in its recipe] really feels out of place. I still miss the days Randuin had 15% CDR though. The principle of this item having armor is silimilar to Randuin's CDR. It's more symbolic than anything, but in this case, it even does more sense than Randuins as one of the components have armor.

EDIT: Forgot to say. With the new item in Shadow Isles map, expect a version if not Blackfire Torch itself gain space in SR. This is what the AP characters are needing.

Irelia Bot

11-04-2012

This item seems good and overall balanced and would make Spirit Visage a much better option for more then just champs like mundo and warwick.

The fact that the 15% healing passive was not buffed makes it so that it isn't going to make mundo out of control and I could even see this item showing up on champs like Irelia and shen but not getting out of hand.

This also might become a common ADC tanky item due to having a reasonable amount of health, armor and MR with an increase the their lifesteal while helping the team with an aura.

The passive health regen seems fairly good and the .5% will be better then 10 health per 5 once an ally has over 2000 health.

+1 for a overall good item concept.

Azkalas

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post

I - This item seems good and overall balanced and would make Spirit Visage a much better option for more then just champs like mundo and warwick.

II - The fhack that the 15% healing passive was not buffed makes it so that it isn't going to make mundo out of control and I could even see this item showing up on champs like Irelia and shen but not getting out of hand.

III - This also might become a common ADC tanky item due to having a reasonable amount of health, armor and MR with an increase the their lifesteal while helping the team with an aura.

IV - The passive health regen seems fairly good and the .5% will be better then 10 health per 5 once an ally has over 2000 health.

+1 for a overall good item concept.
I - Yes, sir! You're definitely right and this is the goal here. I tried to think on something that could be useful for many champions instead of just 2~3 of them.

II - This is exacly the reason the passive wasn't buffed. Buffing this would increase too much Mundo's ultimate power. Also, this is the reason the recipe itself it's not expensive. If this were buffed, the recipe would be way greater than 375, the double on the very least.

III - Then again, you're right!

IV - Yes! This was EDITTED this morning after the feedback I've got from 3mptylord (Thanks again!). With the adjust now it works properly. If the ally champion opted to don't get HP itens, he will receive the normal bonuses from EoV's aura. Else, if he did, then he will be affected by the suggested item improved aura.

Thanks for the constructive feedback!

Azkalas

11-05-2012

No more feedbacks? Really?

Nea De Penserhir

11-05-2012

So I could buy this and Aegis and be extremely durable for a minimal cost and bring an aoe healing aura?

Azkalas

11-08-2012

I can't see where 3300g total is cheap, specially considering there's no gold/s betewen the components. :P

AskKarthus

11-08-2012

3300 wouldn't be cheap for a support at all.

+1 for a good idea

Nea De Penserhir

11-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
3300 wouldn't be cheap for a support at all.

+1 for a good idea
Too bad it's an item available to everyone.

You can fit Boots, Frozen Mallet, Aegis, and this item on somebody for under 10k gold.

That's a lot of health and resistances, ~and~ team utility.

Given that a champion averages between 10-14k gold in a regular game, 16k for longer games, and that's problematic.