"You Have left a game in Progress" Bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayvenger

11-04-2012

Okay simply playing ranked... Attempt to join ranked queue, press yes Two members of the queue never click yes, sends me in to waiting timer again. Cant seem to get out of timer, close client.

Relog.
"you have left a game in progress"
> my thoughts are well stuff it if i randomed something i may aswell play.
> Press Reconnect.

Button goes grey nothing happens. Cant play league of legends at all.

Btw this is no way my computer/any other issue related to my hardware/software.

Riot i know i have a high leave rate (old computer d/c'd alot). Just wondering what/how i go about this because i dont want to be suspended due to, in this case a flaw of riot.

Love to Know whats going on right now

11-04-2012

happening to me too right now.

AF Northstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

Happening to me too right now, crashed while about to enter champion select in a ranked game, now cant do anything, all i get up is the reconnect button but unable to do so

Tyrangiel

11-04-2012

Happening to me right now too.

BenF

11-04-2012

Just got this happening to me too. Waiting 30 mins now...

AnExtraordinaire

11-04-2012

sigh Ill join the party

Mokenuf

11-04-2012

Same problem just now, Made a 4 player premade to join a normal, one didn't accept now we four are stuck in the Reconect.

Help please !

hitmanng

11-04-2012

Yep it is definitely becoming more common. Two friends and I both in this situation.

Earvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

I got this a few weeks ago. Here is what Riot said to me:

RiotTyphon (League of Legends Player Support | Riot Games Support)

Oct 17 19:24 (PDT)

Greetings Earvin,

It sounds like you experienced what we refer to as a ghost game. It is caused when the game server you were playing on fails to communicate the game-end message to PVP.Net.

The ghost game will last a maximum of 2 hours after this occurs. It often ends much earlier because the game server is simply backed up. Sometimes this issue can be fixed by relogging into League of Legends. Occasionally, restarting your computer may help. These actions force the client to request a new update.

Another side effect of the Ghost game is a delay with receiving your Influence Points, Experience or ELO. Once the game "clears" the server, these values will be updated on your account accordingly.

If the issue persists or occurs frequently it may indicate a problem with your connection. If this is the case, I would be more than happy to help you find the cause. If it was just this a one time occurrence, it was likely due to a delay in our server.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and wish you luck in your future matches.

AnExtraordinaire

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earvin View Post
I got this a few weeks ago. Here is what Riot said to me:

RiotTyphon (League of Legends Player Support | Riot Games Support)

Oct 17 19:24 (PDT)

Greetings Earvin,

It sounds like you experienced what we refer to as a ghost game. It is caused when the game server you were playing on fails to communicate the game-end message to PVP.Net.

The ghost game will last a maximum of 2 hours after this occurs. It often ends much earlier because the game server is simply backed up. Sometimes this issue can be fixed by relogging into League of Legends. Occasionally, restarting your computer may help. These actions force the client to request a new update.

Another side effect of the Ghost game is a delay with receiving your Influence Points, Experience or ELO. Once the game "clears" the server, these values will be updated on your account accordingly.

If the issue persists or occurs frequently it may indicate a problem with your connection. If this is the case, I would be more than happy to help you find the cause. If it was just this a one time occurrence, it was likely due to a delay in our server.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and wish you luck in your future matches.
oh thank god