My little solution for people that enjoy not accepting games.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

first time Vayne

Senior Member

11-06-2012

^ That said, I disagree with a time delay on queuing for another game unless it sets in after like 4 declines. I've never had to decline 2 in a row, but it would be annoying if I had to wait a minute after the second should I ever need to use it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Teemoz1Shroom

Junior Member

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Every now and then, I decline a game. Some games take over 30 seconds or so to set up -- I might be reading something or whatever by then and want like two more seconds to finish. Or someone walks in the room or I decide not to play or some other variable comes up. Chillax. The declines aren't hurting anyone, and they leave room for people to change their minds both when they spontaneously want and need to. You never know what kinds of circumstances can come up.

Sounds to me like you're just impatient...

You clearly don't get what I'm saying. FOR PEOPLE WHO DO THIS REPEATEDLY. You are not in the case. You don't sit there picking your nose, queing then declining over and over. The immature people who find it funny to do this, need to be dealt with because it is interupting other people's game play. That is all I'm saying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Teemoz1Shroom

Junior Member

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
^ That said, I disagree with a time delay on queuing for another game unless it sets in after like 4 declines. I've never had to decline 2 in a row, but it would be annoying if I had to wait a minute after the second should I ever need to use it.
I had 18 declines in a row. My usual is about 10 in a row.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Teemoz1Shroom

Junior Member

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
Yeah, except if you decline or fail to accept the queue, you're queue timer gets reset. Odds are, you're not seeing the same person doing it in each case.
But there is people that do que then decline games over and over. If you fail to accept a que once or twice because quick stuff came up, that is fine but if you just keep doing it over and over then for the others trying to get in a game is extremely annoying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paradox Pancake

Member

11-07-2012

There's nothing wrong with declining a game once if you know that you're not going to be able to commit to a match because of time constraints or for other reasons.

However, it's only slightly annoying when people do this and I don't know why they think it's funny. No one knows who you are and they don't really care because they'll still be in a match about a minute later so your joke is completely forgotten in champ select.

Be that as it may, it's probably prudent to put a measure in place preventing a re-queue for a certain amount of time after maybe two declines or AFK's. It should become abundantly clear at that point what the person is doing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaela View Post
But there is people that do que then decline games over and over. If you fail to accept a que once or twice because quick stuff came up, that is fine but if you just keep doing it over and over then for the others trying to get in a game is extremely annoying.
Yea, but Phaela, I don't think you quite get the point that was being made.


Unless you're playing at extraordinarily high ranked Elo or extraordinarily low ranked Elo where the pool of players you'd be match made with is extraordinarily small, the odds are extreme that it's the same player declining repeatedly for you.

Let's say you're 1200 Elo, and there are let's just say 1,000 people that are 1200 Elo logged in right now trying to queue for a match. First time, you get yourself plus 9 of those 1,000 players.

If one of those 9 players declines, he is dropped out of the queue. You and the other 8 players are instantaneously put back into the queue, where as the player who declined has to re-queue. Now, he may requeue pretty quick, but it's not instantaneous. The odds that your new 9th player that declined are the same as the one that declined the first time are pretty slim unless you're at one extreme or the other of Elo where there's an extraordinarily small handful of players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-07-2012

Sorry, that's me. I haven't played a game of League came out. I just sit and decline all day rollin' me a fatty.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

Member

11-07-2012

I've had a ton of declines over and over.

I sigh and move on.

Because I have declined too. It's rare. But sometimes a friend just happens to come on right there. Perhaps I forgot to buy a rune real quick (that was moreso earlier than now). Perhaps suddenly dinner was finished (I'm a stay at home college student).

Stuff happens. There shouldn't be a punishment for that. Queue dodging however rightfully does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentleman Gustaf

Senior Member

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Yea, but Phaela, I don't think you quite get the point that was being made.


Unless you're playing at extraordinarily high ranked Elo or extraordinarily low ranked Elo where the pool of players you'd be match made with is extraordinarily small, the odds are extreme that it's the same player declining repeatedly for you.

Let's say you're 1200 Elo, and there are let's just say 1,000 people that are 1200 Elo logged in right now trying to queue for a match. First time, you get yourself plus 9 of those 1,000 players.

If one of those 9 players declines, he is dropped out of the queue. You and the other 8 players are instantaneously put back into the queue, where as the player who declined has to re-queue. Now, he may requeue pretty quick, but it's not instantaneous. The odds that your new 9th player that declined are the same as the one that declined the first time are pretty slim unless you're at one extreme or the other of Elo where there's an extraordinarily small handful of players.
In the 1700s, every 3 games or so, I get 15-20 of these in a row. I can only imagine how irritating that would be if you're a level of play where the queue is longer than 2 minutes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ballistik

Member

01-30-2013

yeah when you spend more time queing for a game , than actually playing the game , you might have a problem with the system... it needs to be changed


12