Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The *STC* presents: STC Private Bug Document

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wards win games

11-04-2012

Quote:
Talonmaster12313:
So all i need to do is go into the STC chat?
That way I will be playing without any trolls?
If that is true, then bless you good sir!

In due time this will be garunteed, we don't have a strong night crew atm; only about 15 or so people in chat, but in just 2 days we've accumulated 100+ daytime users! =D I'm hoping the growth for nighttime will be similar.

Wards win games

11-04-2012

Quote:
caledfwch598:
Something I noticed while reading is that you attempt to land all three Q when using his ultimate. Until recently i was also under the impression that doing so would net bonus damage but i have recently learned otherwise. Only the first 2 will do damage so there is no benefit to summoning a third clone during his ult

My source http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk4nVOfxNyw

Thank you very much Caled! did see the portion which ciderhelm stated that a third shuriken did not provide an additional damage benefit.

After hearing this; I did some digging. I've spend the last 3 hours in custom bot games 1v1, and have recorded myself landing triple shurikens on 4 different occasions.

Maybe at the time of recording; this was the case, but by my testing the third Shuriken is indeed dealing damage; just much less than I expected. The way it seems to be working; is 100% damage for the first; 50% damage for the second; and then the third has an ADDITIONAL 50% reduction; lowering the third's damage output to 25% of the initial cast.

I have recorded all of this on fraps; and Will post a video replay detailing the times for people to slow down and review the damage dealt themselves.

I believe ciderhelm was going off the tooltip, and thinking additively in regards to the spell. This would be an issue with the tooltip, it reads:
Quote:

Active: Zed and his shadow both throw their shurikens, each dealing physical damage to the first enemy they pass through and 70% damage thereafter.

Physical Damage: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (100% bonus AD)

Living Shadow: Additional shurikens striking the same enemy deal 50% damage, but restore energy.

So going by the bottom portion here; it's easy to see that some people could read "Shurikens striking the same enemy deal 50% damage", and assume that a THIRD shuriken would reduce itself completly. This is not the case; the spell seems to be taking an additional 50% off the third shuriken; changing it's damage output to 25% the first shuriken to connect (if all three hit)

Quote:
If people are curious how I came to this conclusion:

I started a bot game against Master YI.
I built an early Brutilizer and went full ARP runes so I could deal TRUEDAMAGE to Master yi; and nullify his armor.

After armor wasn't a concern; I attacked master Yi with 100 AD and a rank 2 Shuriken.

The math for this would be about 210 damage to the first target with the first shuriken;
147 damage to the second target and all subsequent targets struck.

The second shuriken; will do 50% of the first's damage to each target.
So for the second shuriken; the first target hit will deal 105 damage, and all subsequent targets would take only 73.5 damage (Rounded to 74).

The THIRD shuriken; then only deals 25% of the first; so about 52 damage to the first target struck; then each target struck after the first should take about 36.75 damage(^34)

The actual number I recorded against master yi were as followed:
First auto attack: 1040hp to 952 hp (98 damage)

Ulti Activation damage: Health remaining after hit: 859 (Regen to 959 before hit) 100 damage dealt

First auto after ulti (Ulti immediately starts an auto attack after landing):767 health remain: 95 dmg dealt

First shuriken: 637 health remains deals: 130 damage. YI was the second target struck with this shuriken (So only 70% damage)

Second Shuriken: Health remaining after hit: 572 First target hit was YI: So 50% damage the first Shuri dealt to YI. 65 damage dealt

This is where it got interesting

Third Shuriken: health remaining after hit: 540 First hit was Yi; so 25% of the first shurikens damage. (32 damage dealt)

If you look at the above details; it is very clear to me that the third shuriken was indeed dealing damage, just not nearly at the ratios of the first or second. You can also hear the third shuriken connect with your enemy in the game.

This process took about 3 hours of rapidly pausing a game replay to watch the health changes to master yi's health bar (the numerical bar, not the overhead).
Also: with legacy text enabled in game; you can see the damage flash below your character 3 times when you perform the triple shuriken combo.

Thanks again for the post! Ciderhelm is awesome, I think maybe he just either A) misread the tooltip, or B) didn't bother to test it himself, and just assumed. Or C) This WAS the case, but was changed.

Shadowfang666

11-04-2012

bump

And yes Caeyl. I am sure many of us would be glad to help.

AlistarCanBePro

11-04-2012

No need to bump a thread that's already on first page.

Great idea with the Inside community. We've had one before, but we've never decided to make it an official thing, thanks for doing so.

AquastarBlue

11-04-2012

I enjoyed this and had a ton of fun with it last night, it was good to talk League with no trolls. Thank you for making this Xen.

Wards win games

11-04-2012

<3333 thanks for the loving words everyone. This is gonna be awesome!

theone323

11-04-2012

Quote:
Shadowfang666:
I was quoted!

so was I.

KazuShini

11-04-2012

Haha, wish I could be part but due to obnoxious amount of players yesterday I couldn't. I will join as soon as I can and hopefully catch any bugs that may occur in Spectator Mode that anyone might have missed.

Cha0sniper

11-04-2012

Bumping this thread while ingame chat is broken.

theone323

11-04-2012

wish we could put together some games but the chat is broken i have one in custom but nothing i can do with it