Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Swedish Chef

12-08-2009

Correct, you also cannot get the 2x damage bonus from allies anymore either, though it used to be that way as well. Honestly I'm getting tired of them nerfing her even more lately when she's really the most balanced champion in the game.

Hique

12-11-2009

The thing about Anivia is if she is in the hands of someone who is extremely skilled with her she can be considered OP(which I hear almost every game). Obviously she isn't OP because there is such a high skill level needed to land everything perfect to utilize her fully. She has the one of the highest burst capabilites in the game, specially at low levels so you should always pressure the enemy champion and get early kills when you can.

The Swedish Chef

12-13-2009

I'm pretty happy with my new builds I've been using lately. Catalyst>Boots>RoA>Deathfire>Void Staff/Zhonya's

Been getting a lot of 15+ kill games thanks to it.

The Swedish Chef

12-17-2009

Bumping for an item update with what I mentioned above. Also for new players to get a good look at the guide.

The Swedish Chef

12-20-2009

Bumpity for new players.

HeLawlsAtYouSon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

So I tried Anivia, and found I was losing mana way too fast, and started a Chalice build, skipping rod of ages, and going straight for Archangels staff. It's worked for me so far, cause now I never lose mana, and I don't usually need to get close to do damage in a team fight, so survivability isn't really an issue.

But I'm seeing a majority of the posters recommend catalyst and rod builds early game. Is there a reasoning why Chalice < Catalyst?

Extraxi

12-20-2009

Well, I don't know if the Chalice < Catalyst necessarily. But the main point being made with early-game Catalysts is that they build into the RoA which takes 15 mins to get to full power, so it's best to get it ASAP.

emmkaygee

12-20-2009

get clarity as a summoner spell. it's great on anivia. i usually start with ruby for health+clarity for my mana, use clarity at lvl 2 and itll be back from cd around lvl 5-6ish. oh and also throughout the game getting an ally to help you get golem buff is HUGE. you wont have to worry about mana too much.

The Swedish Chef

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmkaygee View Post
get clarity as a summoner spell. it's great on anivia. i usually start with ruby for health+clarity for my mana, use clarity at lvl 2 and itll be back from cd around lvl 5-6ish. oh and also throughout the game getting an ally to help you get golem buff is HUGE. you wont have to worry about mana too much.
What he said here is pretty much exactly as I do. The newly buffed Clarity fills your need for Mana Regen until you get Tear/Deathfire Grasp. And Golem buff is a must early game for her if possible. Especially if you're soloing. If you are going Deathfire, it doesnt hurt to get Meki Pendant early either, since it does build into it.

emmkaygee

12-25-2009

bump because remni's builds made me love anivia. i use his builds and go 10+ kills a game. plan to try your deathfire's grasp build and see if i can go a confident 15+ kills normally.

btw i go ghost as my second summoner spell. i find it very useful for running and chasing (more chasing). what do you usually go remni?