Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lonesnipa

12-03-2009

Actually the GA makes me tanky, plus the catalysts to make anivia not be so bloody glass cannon like. Sadly does not work nearly as well as it did so I'm revising her now. (The catalyst I'm gonna keep will become banshee's and thats invaluable to a tank IMO)

Part of why I like tank bird is that in some instances I would find an enemy in the woods. I'd kite him around and the rest of his team would show up. I'd continue kiting witling them down, then my team would jump in and pick them off and I've had teams get aced because of this.

An older build I did had me going Sapphire crystal, boots, GA, Warden mail. Wasn't working cuz no HP's.

Edit - Current tank build is catalyst, boots, rod of ages, guardian angel, rod of ages, turn boots into something, banshe's, rod of ages. Had a 50 minute game where I had all of this by 40 due to massive assists. Gets 55% magic reduction and 61% phys reduction and upwards of 3900 HP. Worked really, really well.

Dracil

12-03-2009

How is Chalice of Harmony? It was recommended in another build and I've been using that and done rather well with it since it lets me stay in my lane for a very long time and keep farming/harassing.

From there I usually get Sorc/Merc boots then 2 Rod of Ages followed by Guardian Angel and game has generally been over by then. Not sure what I would put in my 6th slot, probably a Banshee or Lich Bane depending if I need even more survivability or damage.

The Swedish Chef

12-06-2009

Alright, updated with new item list, including Haunting Guise.

Penguinimp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2009

Thanks for the guide it has helped alot :P

Ataraxias

12-07-2009

Frozen Mallet does NOT affect Frostbite.

Hique

12-07-2009

Honestly, you're build won't change.

You still do the exact build for Anivia. I still think playing Anivia as ANYTHING except a glass cannon is silly. She is not a tank.

Rod
Arch
Void
Zhonya

Extraxi

12-07-2009

She's not a tank, but it really can't hurt to bolster her survivability even a little bit. Other people know she's not a tank, so they almost always focus Anivia in teamfights. This is where having an egg and Guardian Angel both ready is an extremely viable strategy. While you're reviving, the rest of your team can waste the enemy.

OT: Could anyone remind me what the Void Staff does again? I'm thinking of refining my item build, but it's not listed in the database and I really don't want to start up a practice game just to look up one item.

The Swedish Chef

12-07-2009

Void Staff gives +65 AP (I think) and 40% magic penetration, which is pretty massive.

As for Tank Phoenix, the only real items you need to make that happen are RoA, Mallet, Guardian and maybe Frozen Heart. It really doesnt change her playstyle much except that you're not focusing on kills with her, you're focusing more on her ganking and capturing aspect.

And Frozen Mallet at least used to work with Anivia's Frostbite. Why it isnt now, I'm not sure and it may have been something they ninja nerfed in a recent patch. Regardless, it's still a great item on her for huge HP as well as perma-slowing.

Ser0S

12-08-2009

so Mallet is not working anymore with Frostbite ?, so the only way to get the x2 dmg is if the enemy have been hited before with FF or the skill work with ashe arrows or the yeti snow ball?.
Btw english is not my first languages

Extraxi

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser0S View Post
so Mallet is not working anymore with Frostbite ?, so the only way to get the x2 dmg is if the enemy have been hited before with FF or the skill work with ashe arrows or the yeti snow ball?.
Btw english is not my first languages
Correct me if I'm wrong (hopefully I am), but I think I also heard that Frostbite's x2 also doesn't proc with any allied freezing effects. :/