Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Swedish Chef

08-07-2009

I could agree with you Pious, except for the fact that without that mana, it's hard to harass early game at all, and you end up sitting back on defense with her far too much because you cant use it quite as often. On the plus side, it does indeed make her better for team battles and ganks.

I'll try and add an AP build to the list later. I have a feeling that some AP items are going to get a slight decrease in the future, but I could be wrong.

The Swedish Chef

08-13-2009

Bumping, so new players can at least get a look at this.

Therg

08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiousFlea View Post
I was not aware that Frozen Mallet counted as a slow for Frostbite. Sweet!
In fact, all chills do, it was fun having Nunu, and Ashe in my game when i played Anivia

The Swedish Chef

08-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therg View Post
In fact, all chills do, it was fun having Nunu, and Ashe in my game when i played Anivia
Hence why I mentioned they were good laning partners for Anivia, just for that. Also, Rylai's Scepter also adds an ice-source of slow too.

IS13f65bf1ade6178e13fab

08-16-2009

I cant understand how to play anivia. My problem is, that even if i use the first build from this guide, im slower then anothers and have nearly no health, so in a direkt fight with an another champion im loosing.

This means i cant fight solo, if im trying to fight with others, they are faster and running away, during the enemy kills me. So at the end of a fight i have something like 0/10/20 or like this. Why cant i kill any another champions???

Sure, atm. im totally new in this game, so i havent lot of skill playing here, but this is the first game, i do nothing but die!

Jabmon

08-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiousFlea View Post
I was not aware that Frozen Mallet counted as a slow for Frostbite. Sweet!
I just tested this in a practice game and the slow effect from Frozen Mallet Did not count towards my Frostbite. Though, when I tested it, it was on a neutral creep. Not sure if that matters? When I use Frost Flash/Frostbite combo, my Bite hits or about 600 (that's doubled). But when I hit them with a normal attack (then check to see that Frozen Mallet effect is on them) and then use Frostbite it only hits for 300.
Maybe I misunderstood something? Or maybe a new update changed it?

Anyways, GREAT guide. Very well put together and plenty in detail ! Both Mana Phoenix and Tank Phoenix work great. Personally I like the Tank Phoenix with Guardian angel!! The reaction from the opponent when they have to kill you 3 times is hilarious.

The Swedish Chef

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasseopea View Post
I cant understand how to play anivia. My problem is, that even if i use the first build from this guide, im slower then anothers and have nearly no health, so in a direkt fight with an another champion im loosing.

This means i cant fight solo, if im trying to fight with others, they are faster and running away, during the enemy kills me. So at the end of a fight i have something like 0/10/20 or like this. Why cant i kill any another champions???

Sure, atm. im totally new in this game, so i havent lot of skill playing here, but this is the first game, i do nothing but die!
You need to be sneaky with Anivia. She's one of the best gankers in the game because she can come out of nowhere and shove a wall in someone's face, then stun and slow them to death. Anivia is a team fighter, so you should never 1v1 other champs unless you know you'll win for sure, unless it's early game, where she does extremely well at harassing and getting first bloods. And as I mentioned, she is not for beginners. If you're relatively new to the entire Arena genre, she's an advanced champion that takes alot of learning.

And as for something new.. Archangel Staff now procs properly on Anivia's abilities, so we can really start to dominate with her now.

m0etastic

08-24-2009

Thanks for the guide!

Xine

Adjudicator

08-27-2009

One thing I'd recommend different from the listed build is to get Tear of the Goddess first. Don't finish it out, go back to Rod of Ages. This allows all those spells your casting to build your mana up for when you do finish it. A large Mana pool is fantastic for defending. It hit 6k mana the other day, that's 120 AP . Just don't do this if there is a Viegar in the game.

Other than that an AP build works quite well for more advanced players. I hit 550 AP on her in a game the other day and my frostbite was hitting most champs for ~900 when chilled.

My preferred Ganking rotation:
- Wall - This positions them for me so that I can ensure my stun lands.
- Stun
- Frostbite
- Attack (Lichbane)
- Ice Storm
- Frostbite
- Attack

That should land you 2 frost bites, the stun damage, 2 attacks with lichbane, and there isn't much of anything they could do about it without a Spell shield.

Wall Notes: This is one of her more important skills to learn to use well. Don't use it on a feeling player unless you're sure it'll land. Try dropping a slow first to see if you can't close the gap a little more. I've seen many a kill lost to an wall that helped the enemy get away. Use it wisely.

The Swedish Chef

08-27-2009

Thanks for the input, Xine. I have wanted to throw in an AP build on the list as well, but I havent actually even had the time to play lately, so I'll be doing that whenever I get the chance to.

12345612 ... 17