Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eXTechno

01-11-2011

Thats awsome that your not abandoning it

Cant wait

eZrashin

01-24-2011

I'd recommend Flash and Iginite also the ignite talent as well.

EDIT; I'd also disagree greatly with any indication that Anivia is a "Hybrid" hero she's meant to be a paper nuker...hence the passive. I rarely recommend Lich Bane unless they have A LOT of heavy nukes. In which case you're not even supposed to be hit by them in the first place. I also rarely recommend Rod of Ages.

If you're doing pure AP start with Mana Crystal > Tear of Godess > Archangel Staff/Rod. If they have heavy nukers you can get a catalyst using Mana crystal instead and then get ROA but I strongly don't suggest that. IF you're good and don't die I'd recommend Soul Stealer as well.

I don't know I'm a Pro Anivia user and that's my usual build. I've only made Lich bane once or twice EVER and I've gotten games with 0 deaths. Again this is why she has a passive that let's her NOT die.

SnowGang

03-20-2011

I believe the Con "Not for beginners" should be a Pro just because noobs using Anivia would really screw your match up. ( Feeding )

Dragull

03-20-2011

Right now my build is:

RoA
Sorc Boots
Death Cap

The rest varies.

But, now I'm thinking about going Archangels instead of RoA. Mana would be no longer and issue, but Health would...

What you guys recommend? Stay with RoA or go Archangel's route?

Sykil

03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull View Post
Right now my build is:

RoA
Sorc Boots
Death Cap

The rest varies.

But, now I'm thinking about going Archangels instead of RoA. Mana would be no longer and issue, but Health would...

What you guys recommend? Stay with RoA or go Archangel's route?
Both!

Get Mana Crystal -> Catalyst of the Protector, Sorcerer's Shoes, then upgrade to the Rod of Ages. After that get a Tear and eventually Archangel's. After that, get the Deathcap, Voidstaff, and a situational item. I usually choose between the Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, and Zhonya's Hourglass.

Whether or not you get Archangel's, the Rod of Ages I feel is a must because it gives Anivia (and other casters) much more survivability. Without it you will die insanely easily. But having both is not redundant because having a huge mana pool is one of Anivia's primary concerns: it allows you to sustain Glacial Storm while pulling off your nuke combos later on.

This route means you lack a bit of early-game nuke, but that's not much of an issue. Her base damage is pretty good.

Ice Fire167

05-16-2011

how do you get anivia?

RainyLightning

05-16-2011

She's a 6300 champ Ice Fire.

greedy lobster

05-16-2011

I wish this guide was never made, I don't want noobs starting to use anivia.

Also, outdated guide.

Kirakai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKush View Post
I don't know if you updated your guide yet, but chills from other characters don't affect Frost Bite.

And for Charm's post above me, I take it you don't realize that slows DON'T stack in LOL. What you'd end up getting is the 30% slow on Frostbite, and no returns on your other skills. (this is because your other skills slow for a higher % for longer. Therefore as slows do normally in this game, the highest % lasts its duration followed by any lesser slows that go beyond the first slow's duration.)

As for the guide itself, I don't know how anyone could justify wasting money on a Doran's item...they are just so bad and don't build into anything. I'd rather take my Saph --> Cata early. The reason why it's useless is, the hp is kinda silly, as you already have an EGG and shouldn't really be thinking about going offensive until you get your bread and butter initiator that is your ult. The mana regen is also not entirely the best because you won't really be using your mana much early on for it to matter and at level 6 you will already have other items to suppliment. The AP is nice, but as I have said before, you don't start being more active in getting kills until you have your full skillset of setups for Frostbite, which by then you'll have other items for AP.

*oh found something else*

You say you should be "harassing with Flash Frost" early, and never land the Frost bite until you can ensure heavy damage. My question is this. How exactly are you going to be harassing even semi-decent players with a very slow moving nuke that has a really long cooldown until later levels AND costs a ton of mana? Not taking my personal play into account, all the good Anivia's I've played with and against can all agree that you sit on your ass and farm early on and abuse your 600 range attack and wait for a quick FF--> FB setup. FF is useless without a follow-up FB. The mana --> damage is just terrible. Hero's with any regen will simply heal that amount by the time your cooldown for another FF is up. This guide would need some in-game footage as good support for your builds because right now it just seems like theory, that frankly would not work. You mention getting Revive as Anivia.....ORLY? And a guide like yours should probably include the Eggport strat, but I don't see it in here at all. It's definitely one of the best uses of a summoner skill possible, and it really only shines when used with Anivia.

*wow keep editing this with more stuff!*

Yeah, as the poster said two posts above me, you level flash frost first? I'm sorry but most players don't even get rank 2 until like level 8. Frostbite IS your damage. Flash Frost IS your setup. You need the chill effect. You have no ranks into Crystallize which is your best support ability. Getting it at level 4 is just critical to teamplay. I don't know how many games I've played where I got that extra level of FF at level 4 only to kick myself by botching a kill at level 6 because I couldn't wall them into my Glacial Storm. The ability to wall people in/split team fights/and snare people for 5 seconds (this assuming you have the Wall glitch down to a key, which might I had is quite hard) is way to valuable to wait until level 8.\

Anyway, I'm sorry for really railing into this and it prolly came off harsh, I tend to do that, but I'm glad to see more Anivia enthusiasts and I hope you don't take it too personally. GL in the future and I would be more than happy to hop on one day and play some matches with you to see your playstyle and may give any pointers I could give!
Doran Items are OP at the moment. I watched dreamhack and often saw the pros taking double doran or even triple doran items. I've tried getting double and triple doran items and it works amazingly. for only 1400 gold 300 HP and 45 AP is nothing to laugh at, not even counting the 15 mp5. If your concern is that you can't get your items fast enough then you should try and focus more on last hitting. Anivia has an easy animation to last hit with however her auto attack damage is very low. If you practise last hitting enough going for the multiple doran items is usually more effective than trying to rush one top tier expensive item. I find rushing items hinders your mid game too much and running doran items will help you pick up early kills.
oh and thanks for the info bout non stacking slows. didn't know that even though i never bought rylai's since she already had a slow i found it unnessescary, but still good to know