Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Swedish Chef

04-21-2010

Of course I'm still here. Always will be. Good to know I'm inspiring people to play the bird though.

The Swedish Chef

05-14-2010

New item build updates for the favorite bird of mine. Also some new updates with the recent patch;

Anivia

• Removed the "Rebirth Ready" buff
  • Added a buff for when Rebirth is on cooldown
  • Base damage increased to 45 from 38.5
  • Damage per level decreased to 3.2 from 3.5
  • Base health regen increased to .93 from .88

MrLinderman

05-15-2010

Thanks for the tips mate,

I've only been playing the game about a week but tried the bird a few days ago and cant stop playing it, its just something different and a champ you don't see very often which is nice as allot of players don't really know what to expect from it.

Your guide pretty much emulates how what i'm doing now, going a mix of mana and ap, the list of equipment helped allot as i'm still getting used to what equipment is available and worth using.

I love the wall, one of the in my opinion neatest spells in the game, specially at lvl 5 when you can almost block an entire lane with it XD

the range on the first skill flash frost i think it was, is well daunting, i keep seeing my enemies backing away every time they see it, which is great as it means i can keep attacking mobs and pushing our minions forward

I'm gonna make this champ my primary for now as I'm having so much fun with it, might think about Taric as an alternative though the 1 in a million chance someone else gets the bird first lol.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLinderman View Post
I love the wall, one of the in my opinion neatest spells in the game, specially at lvl 5 when you can almost block an entire lane with it XD
Level 5 Crystallize actually can block an entire lane. You just have to know where =P One spot is the blue base entrance in bottom lane; the minions will just pool up on the inside.

(this may probably almost never come up)

The Swedish Chef

05-20-2010

Wall is just great for making choke points in general. Try using it right alongside a tower, and the only place they'll be able to get through is in the tiny narrow path on the other side of the tower. It allows you to know straight away where they'll be going to get away.

RedBones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

Well, I mostly run around with following build

Haunting Guise
Boots of Mobility
3 Archangel Staff
Lich Bane

^freakin Magic DPS *****.

Xeroxhands

05-30-2010

Yeah crystallize is a cool spell....when I get it at lvl 13

Honestly, as phoenix, you should have killing/assisting in mind as much as possible, and to do that you gotta neglect your "W" ability until it's forced on you imo

I'm not saying it's a bad spell, it's a really great utility spell that can reveal fog of war, block enemies from getting in/escaping from, and can also disrupt channeling abilities when placed on champs.

But her other abilities are how you're gonna get that soulstealer up and running as quickly as possible. People have different opinions of course, I'm just saying how I roll with the bird

Kajitii

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeroxhands View Post
I'm not saying it's a bad spell, it's a really great utility spell that can ... and can also disrupt channeling abilities when placed on champs.
...what? It doesn't stop Nunu, that's for sure.

Xeroxhands

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajitii View Post
...what? It doesn't stop Nunu, that's for sure.
I'll have to test him out, but I'm pretty sure if the wall is placed diretly ON him, the game will force him to move, as he cannot occupy the same space as the wall.

There is a weird bug I saw once where I was trying to save a teammate by walling behind him, and an enemy rammus taunted him at the same time, and my teammate was pulled through the ice wall via taunt.

lamesville fo sho

Raddagast

06-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remni View Post
Bad Lanes
Veigar is probably your worst nightmare. His ability to do damage based on your mana pool can destroy Anivia very easily, and in the case that you see he is on the opposing team, that's when I'd suggest running the tank build of Anivia.
For revision: Veigar now deals dmg based on AP of self and target, not mana. I don't know if this is any better for Anivia.