Guide to Anivia, the Cryophoenix

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

threelite

03-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remni View Post
I still need to update on what exactly the skills do for her per level, which I wont be able to do until I get into the game later on today. Otherwise, thoughts on the guide overall?
I'm not sure where I'm at ELO wise, but I've played probably about 40 games with a 3:1 w:l ratio, I believe. Your guide was spot-on with how I play, though I build items slightly differently.

Skill priority for me is usually R> E> Q> W, however I start the game with my first point in Q for safety reasons, and get one point of W when I have 2 points in Q and I can't put a point in E or R, usually before level 12.

I max out her E ASAP because I can nail people with flash frost (Q) then slam em with the spike (E) for massive damage. I do this once, then I do it again and ignite and get a kill (solo mid) by a few minutes in, normally before level 5.

I mainly use R for an additional R->E combo, if Q is on cooldown or I wiffed it, then turn off R unless I'm going to chase or another ally is chasing them.

After sorc boots, I usually go Tear of the Goddess and then Catalyst, Rod of Ages, Archmages, then maybe Zhonya's. If you're taking a lot of damage (from someone hard to deal with, like Tristana), I'd probably get catalyst before tear.

I've noticed that mages, at around 50 minutes in or so, become majorly useless for damage and must be averted to tanking. You'll have plenty of threat from all the raping you where doing, and your main function is to initiate with stun, slow, and wall people off - not to deal damage. With Anivia's egg, you can get a Guardian Angel for good measure and then another item tailored to whoever's a threat; frozen heart for attack speeders, etc. You should have plenty of health and 2 extra lives, and be annoying enough to take the brunt of the damage.

The Swedish Chef

03-01-2010

I'm not sure where you're getting that casters are useless late game. Anivia especially has more spike damage than nearly any other champion by that time, especially if you've gotten a Mejais and have only died a couple times. My average damage with a FF/FB combo around that time is 2-2.5k easily.

RHINO Mk II

03-01-2010

Have other people noticed the crazy things people will do to try and get your egg if you've been doing well all game? I have seriously seen champions come 1 by 1 up to my egg in the middle of my 4 teammates and get slaughtered for it. It's like they can't give up the 'opportunity' to kill you. This effect is much more noticable when you haven't died in a while and have a fair number of kills, especially if you have a mejai's stacked past 10 or so.

Arneris

03-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II View Post
Have other people noticed the crazy things people will do to try and get your egg if you've been doing well all game? I have seriously seen champions come 1 by 1 up to my egg in the middle of my 4 teammates and get slaughtered for it. It's like they can't give up the 'opportunity' to kill you. This effect is much more noticable when you haven't died in a while and have a fair number of kills, especially if you have a mejai's stacked past 10 or so.

Yes, as soon as I get something like 5-0 I might aswell paint a neon bullseye on my butt since no matter who is around me, they all go for me and continue to hit me when I'm egged no matter the damage they take. Or if they even get a glimpse of me somewhere else on the map when I'm feint pushing Ill draw the entire enemy team

One thing I notice tho with Anivia is that snowballing effects her a lot. If you get unlucky at the start it's very hard to catch up with her, even more so then some other champs. Or it could just be me.

RHINO Mk II

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arneris View Post
One thing I notice tho with Anivia is that snowballing effects her a lot. If you get unlucky at the start it's very hard to catch up with her, even more so then some other champs. Or it could just be me.
If that happens to me, I don't buy a soul stealer, and focus more on walling and slowing the enemy team to death instead of getting kills myself. I can still toss in a combo for 800-1000 damage in the lategame, but I try to be more support than rawr rampage icing faces.

MurdocIsGod

03-04-2010

I've played Anivia since the day she came on free rotation (last last time) earned enough points to buy her before she came off and have been ****ing **** up with her since. I have 130 wins on her and don't plan on slowing down, articuno is a beast.
I max out my Q and E asap, I get R at 6 just if my Q's down and need to let a E down and work on my wall once my E maxes.
IB:
Ability Tome
Mijais Soulstealer
Boots of Speed
Boots of Mobility
RoA
Void Staff
Zhonya's
Zhonya's

RHINO Mk II

03-04-2010

I don't understand why people get 2 zhonyas. The passive does not stack, and you just blew 4000 gold on and item that gives you 100 AP and 500 mana. Try void staff or abyssal instead, and watch as your 60-70 bonus AP combined with the PENETRATION does much more damage. And it's cheaper.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II View Post
I don't understand why people get 2 zhonyas. The passive does not stack, and you just blew 4000 gold on and item that gives you 100 AP and 500 mana. Try void staff or abyssal instead, and watch as your 60-70 bonus AP combined with the PENETRATION does much more damage. And it's cheaper.
Not only that, getting 3x Blasting Wands (yes I said 3) and Sage's Ring is actually more cost-effective than getting another Zhonya's.

RHINO Mk II

03-05-2010

...If you have the inventory to spare, that is.

DrdPirateRoberts

03-13-2010

Thank you for this guide! I was underestimating the Rod of ages and now get it before my boots. It has changed the way I game!

Thanks so much!