The Differance Between Mediocre and Proffesional

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tropicz

11-03-2012

Although this question may seem selective in the audience being asked - AkA - only a professional could know the difference, I would like to hear everyone's opinions between the difference of a cocky Jax failed tower dive and an apposing teams baron kill followed by a pentakill. ~~FYI the above was an analogy.~~The difference between the worst; and the best.

Some topics to think about in separating the those who've never realized there is a map and those who have never realized that you weren't supposed to be paid for being awesome.

Map Awareness

Champion gameplay
Temper!
Role gameplay
Playing objectives
Gameplay in team fights
Game breakers
Versatility in various situations
Overall game awareness
Team composition
Team synergy
And finally, the number of "witches" they count on their "ducks" each night
^see what i did there~~~

adc

11-03-2012

Map awareness - yes.
Temper - no. I've seen plenty of pro players get angry. The difference is a pro player knows that each game is different, and goes into the next game feeling the same.
Champion gameplay - well duh. Their specifics are much, much better.
Role gameplay - See above.
Playing objectives - see above.
Teamfights, versatility, composition, awareness, synergy. See above.

And game breakers wut?

The difference between a pro player and a good player isn't anything specific you can say. Sure, a good player could go pro if they lacked, say, map awareness and were "pro" level everywhere else. But a good player who was good all around would just have to play better to go pro. They'd have to buckle down and be nearly 100% perfect in everything, instead of 90, or 95%.

Tropicz

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Map awareness - yes.
Temper - no. I've seen plenty of pro players get angry. The difference is a pro player knows that each game is different, and goes into the next game feeling the same.
Champion gameplay - well duh. Their specifics are much, much better.
Role gameplay - See above.
Playing objectives - see above.
Teamfights, versatility, composition, awareness, synergy. See above.

And game breakers wut?

The difference between a pro player and a good player isn't anything specific you can say. Sure, a good player could go pro if they lacked, say, map awareness and were "pro" level everywhere else. But a good player who was good all around would just have to play better to go pro. They'd have to buckle down and be nearly 100% perfect in everything, instead of 90, or 95%.
I mean by describing what makes their champion gameplay better, what makes someone good in team fights, what makes a good composition, how do they develop synergy. i mean to go much more in depth on each of the examples i listed.

Best Furry NA

11-03-2012

The difference is being able to spell "professional."

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacialwrath View Post
The difference is being able to spell "professional."
I bet there are some pros who are bad at spelling.

Also, there are pros who don't even speak English, so...

adc

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropicz View Post
I mean by describing what makes their champion gameplay better, what makes someone good in team fights, what makes a good composition, how do they develop synergy. i mean to go much more in depth on each of the examples i listed.
But a person who is good at the game alright knows how to teamfight, no matter their role. The professional just does it better. A good AD carry autoattacks at 90% maximum range 90% of the time. A professional AD carry autoattacks at 100% maximum range 100% of the time. It's not that a good player can't develop these skills, it's just that it's hard to describe them. A pro will just seem "better" overall because their mechanics are ever so slightly more perfect.

Best Furry NA

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
I bet there are some pros who are bad at spelling.

Also, there are pros who don't even speak English, so...
It was a joke....

ZycloneDBathouse

11-04-2012

The main difference is that a professional gets paid to play.

KnightxSScarlett

11-04-2012

The difference is that all pros buy wards which are an answer to most of the issues you've posted. The other thing pros do is practice far more than the average summoner, which lets them master the champions they play.