November MCCC - The Inside is Bigger than the Outside

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matrixEXO

11-06-2012

@SilverNinjaShado

Challenge 1 is not completed. Basically, it's all AoE damage where people who walk into the AoE gets damaged, no matter where it is in the AoE. While it does seem to fit Challenge 1, it does not fit it at all.

Challenge 2 is completed. Your passive fits it perfectly since it relies on your other skills to give it bonus.

Challenge 3 is not completed. As said above, I feel that AoE increment does not fit the challenge. BUT! I could be wrong.

As I wait for Clockwork and Prototype to give their decisions on this, for now I say no to Challenge 3. But it can still fit it. You still need to complete Challenge 1 so get on it.

Sigismund

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixEXO View Post
Ah, I might have missed that. My bad. Being sleepy isn't good. And there is Silver's to read up on... and my AC3 game to finish. URGH! Yes, it does complete Challenge 1 then. But Challenge 3... I actually am still debating whether it does complete it or not. While AoE increase does have something to do with spatial manipulation... I don't think it does fit. Which is why I'm asking for the other judges' decision on this as well.
No worries, I realize that I'm being more than annoying with all this pestering. I just want to make him fit the contest because his concept amuses me (yordle with a giant vacuum) and I have quite a few ideas in terms of animation and lore.

I was thinking more of spatial manipulation because he pulls enemies towards towards him with his vacuum. In terms of Lore, spatial manipulation will make more sense once I explain his character + his tools in greater detail.

Sigismund

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinjaShado View Post
Can I get a confirmation on if mine fits the requirements? He should be up on the first page of this. Also, do I have to make a separate thread with the concept in it and relink the thread here?
I find that making your own thread makes it easier to get reviews from other people, but I don't think it's a requirement for MCCC. Champion from other months have made it past the prelims & been judged without having their own thread.

SilverNinjaShado

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixEXO View Post
@SilverNinjaShado

Challenge 1 is not completed. Basically, it's all AoE damage where people who walk into the AoE gets damaged, no matter where it is in the AoE. While it does seem to fit Challenge 1, it does not fit it at all.

Challenge 2 is completed. Your passive fits it perfectly since it relies on your other skills to give it bonus.

Challenge 3 is not completed. As said above, I feel that AoE increment does not fit the challenge. BUT! I could be wrong.

As I wait for Clockwork and Prototype to give their decisions on this, for now I say no to Challenge 3. But it can still fit it. You still need to complete Challenge 1 so get on it.
Thanks for the feedback. I've added a little bit to the skills to make them more fit challenge 1. What I wanted to do was fit challenge 1 by using skill combos, not necessarily by the skill itself (i.e: Placing spells on top of each other for big effects), but I guess that's not the way to do it.

As for challenge 3, does impassible terrain, slowing zones, and a possible knock-up not count to the challenge? I thought that it would...

Asakyun

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAsakix View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2768340

If possible, check the link rather than this thread, because the updates will happen there.

Santiago, the Seer of Truth

November MCCC entry

Can you verify if mine meets the requirement, also? thanks

Luninareph

11-06-2012

If I may, I would also like confirmation that my champion meets the challenges for the month. I made a thread for Astraios; the discussion can happen there so as not to clutter this thread further, if that would be preferred by the judges, or it can occur here if that's easier.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post31131255

Thanks in advance.

Prototypetwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Please post your champions here and keep them updated, even if you also post them elsewhere. This ensures we all judge the same versions and keeps them all conveniently in one place. This is mostly just important before prelims and final judging.

Luninareph, I believe you've solidly satisfied Challenge 3 (R), but I don't see Challenge 2 (edit: Q taking into account W effects may weakly satisfy this), and I don't believe Challenge 1 is satisfied, as all effects appear uniform over their effect area/duration/etc.

xAsakix, I believe you've satisfied Challenge 2 (passive), weakly satisfied Challenge 3 (W), and partially satisfied Challenge 1 (R, need another).

Sigismund, I believe Challenge 1 is satisfied (Q,R), Challenge 2 is satisfied (E), and Challenge 3 is satisfied (Q). He does manipulate space, and not in a way I expected.

SilverNinjaShado, I believe Challenge 1 is satisfied (Q, R), Challenge 2 I believe is satisfied by ability interactions (passive), and Challenge 3 is weakly satisfied by the impassible terrain (E).

If I've missed something, you may want to make it clearer. Missing challenges at this point is by no means a problem; you can correct that with iterations improving your concept and fitting it better to the requirements.

And if I say something is 'weakly' satisfied I mean I think it works, but it isn't particularly clear or convincing. In other words, you could read that as "subtle" instead. Again this may just mean you'll want to clarify.

Asakyun

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototypetwo View Post
Please post your champions here and keep them updated, even if you also post them elsewhere. This ensures we all judge the same versions and keeps them all conveniently in one place.

Luninareph, I believe you've solidly satisfied Challenge 3, but I don't see Challenge 2 and I don't believe Challenge 1 is satisfied.

xAsakix, I believe you've satisfied Challenge 2, weakly satisfied Challenge 3, and partially satisfied Challenge 1 (1/2 abilities).

I think both the passive and the ult satisfy Challenge 1?

Passive: heals from a percentage of damage done by all allied champions within 1200, if the allied champion dealing damage is inside his trail, they heal him for double the normal amount.

Ult: stun in a primary radius, and an 80% slow in a secondary radius

His E was intended to satisfy challenge 2, where his shield strength increases based on the number of burned debuffs consumed.

and, haha, that "weakly satisfied" challenge 3

Prototypetwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

My posted is edited so it hopefully makes more sense. I suppose I should've said "subtle" instead of "weak." I think I misunderstood the passive on the first read, but that little explanation helped. The "including himself" language I think was what confused me. Isn't he automatically standing on his own trail?

NA Rukhron

11-06-2012

Satoru, the Mind Beyond the Veil

Role: Support, Ranged

Innate:
Déjà vu
After casting 3 basic spells Satoru gains Déjà vu, which allows any basic spell to be cast for free (It’ll consume no mana, won’t trigger the cooldown and may be used even if the spell is currently on cooldown without affecting it). Casting a basic spell with Déjà vu consumes it.

Q:
Enlightenment:
Passive: gains 3 (+0.5 per Champion Ego Linked to you) experience every 20 / 19 / 18 / 17 / 16 seconds. At level 18 allow you to still acquire Exp until you reach Ascension State. Ascension state considers that you're level 19 for all purposes.
Active: Projects your enlightened mind over the mind of nearby creatures. Enemies are silenced by 1.2 / 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0 up to 1.8 / 2.1 / 2.4 / 2.7 / 3.0 seconds while allies have their mana replenished by 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 up to 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 depending on their proximity to you. (Does not affect self)

Enlightenment will refresh the duration of all Ego Links and affect those connected by the full amount.

18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds cooldown
70 / 85 / 100 / 115 / 130 mana cost
700 radius (225 inner radius with maximum effect, 125 outer radius with minimal effect - effect scale linearly throughout the 225-575

W:
Mind Blast:
Active: Target enemy champion takes 55 / 80 / 105 / 130 / 155 (+0.8*AP) (+5*your Level) magic damage plus a bonus 30/50/70/90/110 (+0.2*AP) true damage if the target level is lower than yours.

Mind blasting an enemy through an Ego Link will stun it for 1.5 seconds; Satoru can Mind Blast a champion connected through an Ego Link regardless of the distance.

8 seconds cooldown
100 mana cost
600 cast range, single target (infinity range against targets Ego Linked)

E:
Ego Link:
Passive: Satoru will harvest energy from their psyche for himself, gaining 7 / 9 / 11 / 13 / 15 additional mana regeneration per 5 for every champion connected. Additionally casting spells sends a resonance of your mind through all Ego Links. This will hurt enemies psyche dealing 20 / 35 / 50 / 65 / 80 (+0.2*AP) magic damage and soothe allies mind healing them for 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (+0.1*AP) (doesn’t heal self).

Active: Link yours and target champion mind; If cast through Astral Projection the link will also be formed between your original self and the target. You always have sight of the creatures linked to you through an Ego Link regardless of any effect. (Can’t
cast on self)
Target Ally: Booster their confidence reducing any crowd control effect upon them by 25% and increases movement by 10%
Target Enemy: Force then to hesitate slowing the movement by 15% and attack speed by 30%

4 / 4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6 seconds duration.
12 seconds cooldown.
80 / 90 /100 / 110 / 120 mana cost
650 cast range (1100 tether range)

R:
Astral Projection:
Channel: Meditate to project an astral version of yourself. While Astral Projection lasts you control the copy as yourself, attacking and casting basic spells and using items through the projection.
The Astral Projection ignores collision, deals 80/90/100% damage, takes 120/110/100% damage and benefits from any oracle effect on you. Basic attacks from the Astral Projection deals magic damage. It is also always Ego Linked to you all Ego
Links any of you have the other will also have.
You earn experience and gold as normal both through the Astral Projection and yourself, counts both of you as one for the sake of splitting experience with nearby allies. If you and your Astral Projection are both on the range for the experience reward you gain experience just once with a +6% bonus (This does not affect Enlightenment).
Re-Cast this ability to exit this state.
Astral Projection cannot be cast through Déjà vu, nor does it consume or generate it.
If your Astral Projection dies the shocking experience deals 10% of your maximum health + 100 true damage to you, this damage is credited to the enemy who killed it.

30 / 24 / 18 seconds cooldown
30 / 40 / 50 (+3 / 4 / 5 per second channeled) mana cost per second
1000 / 1600 / 2200 cast range (2500 / 3500 / 4500 tether range)

╔════╗
Lore:
╚════╝

Satoru was born with an enhanced kind of empathy. Even at child age he could understand the feelings of any person and reach into their surface thoughts. This made people isolate Satoru, both because they didn’t understood his powers and fear of being exposed. Out of desperation his parents sought after the help of the monks and left Satoru in the nearest monastery. Shut away by everyone he knew since birth and even abandoned by his own parents Satoru silenced his voice, accepting the exile that was imposed upon himself. Time passed and Satoru grew older, meditating in the inner sanctum, gardens or any quiet isolate place he could find every day. He experienced the world by scrying the minds of all the living creatures nearby, his powers growing acute as the seasons passed by. Satoru kept his eyes closed all the time so that he’d not know the identity of anyone as he perceived the world through its eyes.

One day one of the elders in the monastery started to meditate alongside Satoru. He stayed there focusing his thoughts upon Satoru’s until he happened to scry through his eyes. Suddenly viewing his own image older than he could remember broke Satoru’s concentration and for the first time in years and for the first time since his arrival in the monastery Satoru had a direct conversation to someone else. The elder interest in meeting his made Satoru no longer feels like an outcast and suddenly he befriended all over the monastery, everyone was so curious to finally meet the young man who never stopped meditating and Satoru had so much to say from his scrying. Breaking free from the chains of his isolation enabled Satoru to achieve much more from his powers and mastering the astral projection. This newfound power made it possible to reach further into distance and Satoru discovered a place wherein he could hone his power even further - the League of Legends.

[ Stats ]

Attack Power
■□□□□□□□□□
Defense Power
■■■□□□□□□□
Ability Power
■■■■■■□□□□
Difficulty
■■■■■□□□□□

• Health: 375 | +67 per level | 1581 (at level 18)
  • Health per 5: 4.2 | +0.6 per level | 15 (at level 18)
  • Mana: 275 | +55 per level | 1265 (at level 18)
  • Mana per 5: 5.4 | +0.7 per level | 18 (at level 18)
  • Attack Damage: 43.2 | +2.6 per level | 90 (at level 18)
  • Ability Power: 0 (no progression)
  • Attack Speed: 0.6 (base) | 1.5% | 0,762 (at level 18)
  • Armor: 14 (base) | +3.4 per level | 75,2 (at level 18)
  • Magic Resist: 30 | (no progression) | 30 (at level 18)
  • Movement Speed: 310 (no progression)
  • Range: 525 (no progression) (ranged)

╔═════════════════╗
Satoru and the challenges:
╚═════════════════╝
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
Challenges:

The inside is bigger than the outside!:
The theme this month is this quote, which some may recognize from Doctor Who. Your champion must have at least 2 abilities that fits this theme [the inside is bigger than the outside] (including passive). be creative!. Maybe it’s a spell effect where the center does more damage than the outside? Or have a slow that extends past its detection radius (like if you go inside, you will have to walk farther out to not be slowed) I will be looking forward to your expression of this theme

Relative Dimension:
To have the inside bigger than the outside, you must have a dimension that is expressed inside the outside! Your champion must have a dimension to it expressed relative to another factor! this includes effects like Irelia's passive, or Darius's movement speed buff from bleed. Have fun!

Time and Space!:
Imagine how much space i could fit into somewhere if the inside was larger than the outside! Manipulating dimensions such as these and the dimension of time is a difficult task. Your champion must master this art and have an ability related to spatial manipulation and/or temporal manipulation. Maybe you can displace enemies? or you can create zones of larger space, causing champions to be slower? up to you!
Challenge #1, The inside is bigger than the outside!:
  • Enlightenment - stronger at the center, decreases with distance
  • Ego Link - tether range is bigger than cast range
  • Astral Projection - overlapping AoE’s: If experience acquiring AoE from your originial self and the Astral Projection overlaps you’ll receive increased experience from events in the intersection (global events are unaffected since they’re not contained within the intersection).
  • Astral Projection (2) - tether range is bigger than cast range.
Challenge #2, Relative Dimension:
  • Mind Blast - additional damage is dealt based on a binary condition regarding the difference of levels between you and your target.
  • Ego Link – passive scales out of how many champions are linked to you
  • Astral Projection - your casting source point becomes relative to the position of a “pet” you summon.
  • Enlightenment + Ego Link – Ego linked targets increases the passive income of experience.
Challenge #3, Time and Space!:
  • Déjà vu: allow any given event to happen once again.
  • Enlightenment + Ego Link: enemies distance to you becomes a constant, disregarding the actual spatial distance of the material world.
  • Mind Blast + Ego Link: distance becomes nullified, disregarding the spatial boundaries.
  • Astral Projection: able to virtually be where you are not.