Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

November MCCC - The Inside is Bigger than the Outside

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaotics2075

11-05-2012

Gestalt the Timewalker
Assassin, Melee, Fighter, Jungler

Link to external thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=31071352#post31071352

Time, to some it is but a concept of movement into a future space. To others, it is a door that can be opened to an infinite number of possibilities. Gestalt began his life as an urchin of the street, picking pockets and stealing from vendors just to survive. His luck would change one day due to the presence of what he later found out to be a time lord. He began that morning as he had any other. He stole a loaf of bread from the baker, picked the pocket of a nobleman stealing a small amount of money. He then noticed a man dressed oddly. Curious, he tried to blend into the crowd to get a better look at the man. As he approached, something seemed off. Noticing the sheen of something metallic in the man's pocket, he cautiously reached for it. Just as he got his fingers on it, the man spoke to Gestalt.

"You had better not remove that from my pocket young man."

Gestalt was shocked. He had never been caught before but how was this man who was not even looking in Gestalt's direction able to see him. Gestalt removed his hand from the man's pocket and started to speak before he was interrupted by the man.

"I am a time lord and have seen this timeline. I can teach you to see them as well but you must give up your life as you know it."

Gestalt did not hesitate to reply with a definitive "Yes."

"Very well, come with me. I will show you the secrets this universe has to offer and how to bend time and space to help those around you."

Thus began his long and arduous training under the time lord. His training was not without some resentment. For each new thing the time lord showed Gestalt, another secret was to be uncovered later. Gestalt wanted to know everything now. He did not want to waste time unlocking things one by one. He came to the time lord and demanded the knowledge of certain secrets that he felt needed to be answered. Naturally the time lord refused and told Gestalt that all things will come when the "time" is right.

Gestalt began to conspire against the time lord. He would bide his time until he could force the time lord to give him the knowledge that he so desperately wanted. Gestalt would not have to wait long for his opportunity to strike. The time lord had traveled to a point where a noble lord was slaughtering peasants on pure whim. After the time lord was imprisoned by the nobleman, Gestalt put his plan into action. He used his skills from the streets and those he learned under the time lord to break into the prison and make his way to his mentor. As he opened the lock to the time lord's cell, the time lord spoke.

"I knew you would come but I thought that this would have been the alternate path you would take. I was hoping you would not allow yourself to be corrupted so easily. In time the secrets will come to you. Without patience, you will never be able to move forward. I know my fate but yours is still a blank slate. I took you in because your fate is yours to decide."

"If my fate is mine to determine then I choose to end your life and take over your mantle. Killing you brings me no joy but it does move me one step closer to mastery of time and space."

With that, Gestalt plunged his blade into the heart of the time lord. The time lord stared deep into the eyes of Gestalt. A tear ran down Gestalt's face as his mentor's body went limp. He then took the watch from the lord's vest pocket and made his way out of the dungeon. He prepared the time device to travel to a past moment but as he placed the watch in the slot, it exploded. The device then began to shake and Gestalt was hurled through time and space. As the time device began to slow down, another explosion rocked the device and debris flew everywhere. Something hit Gestalt in the head and rendered him unconscious.

He awoke to find himself on a cot in what seemed to be a workshop. He looked around and saw a man tinkering with a strange hammer like object. The man turned to see Gestalt sitting up and looking around.

"Oh, good, you're finally awake. Come, I expect you want to know what happened to your machine."

As they made their way out, the man told Gestalt that his name was Jayce and that this city he was in was named Piltover. He then told Gestalt that after Jayce had found him and his machine, Jayce turned it over to the League to allow the most brilliant minds such as Heimerdinger and himself to study it. He then explained that Gestalt would have to speak to the elders of the League and see if they would allow him to have his device back.

As Gestalt approached the council, they told him that the device was all but completely destroyed. They would allow him access to all the tools he needed to fix it in exchange for him becoming a champion of the League. One of the elders spoke up and stated that not everyone is given such an offer to join the League but that the council could sense the incredible potential that dwelled within him. Gestalt took a moment before deciding that this was the best way to get his device back and if it meant that he had to display his skills, at least here he would not receive punishment for doing so.

Innate: Death in 10- Gestalt's basic attacks count down to a death stroke. The lower the number, the more damage and the higher chance of a critical strike . Upon reaching 0, the next basic attack deals true damage and has a 100% critical strike chance and resets the counter. 10= 0% crit chance, +0 +(.5) magic damage. 9= 10% Crit Chance, +10 +(.5)AP magic damage. 8= 20%, +15 +(.5)AP magic damage. 7= 30%, +20 +(.5)AP magic damage, 6= 40%, +25 +(.5)AP magic damage, 5= 50%, +30 +(.5)AP magic damage, 4= 60%, +35 +(.5)AP magic damage, 3= 70%, +40 +(.5)AP magic damage. 2= 80% +45 +(.5)AP magic damage. 1= 90%, +50 +(.5)AP magic damage. 0= 100%, true damage, +75 +(.5)AP magic damage.

Q- Time to Strike- Gestalt uses a special technique to bend space around himself and appear behind a target striking them and dealing damage based on the missing health of the enemy and the distance traveled. The further away the target is and the less health the target has, the more damage that is dealt
Range- 900
Damage- 80/110/140/170/200 +(.75)AD. +10 damage per 100 units from target and +10 per for each 10% of health missing.
CD- 8s
Mana Cost- 60/75/90/105/120

W- Spatial Collapse- Gestalt focuses his energy into an area and causes an explosion that radiates a draining energy. Enemies caught in the epicenter are dealt a large amount of damage and heavily slowed. Enemies not in the center of the blast radius are slowed and dealt a small amount of damage.
Range- 750
Epicenter- 250, Full explosion Diameter- 500
Damage- 80/110/140/170/200 (+.25)AP (epicenter), 40/55/70/85/100 (+.1)AP (outside of epicenter)
Slow- 30/35/40/45/50% (epicenter), 10/15/20/25/30% (outside epicenter)
CD- 14s
Mana Cost- 100/110/120/130/140

E- Marked by Time- Gestalt gains a bonus movespeed if he is near fewer enemies but greater attack speed if more enemies are nearby.
Passive- +6/7/8/9/10% attack speed per enemy champion within 1000. 4 enemies = +10% move speed, 3= +15%, 2= +20%, 1= +25% for each enemy within 1000.

R- Time Rift Assault- Gestalt channels his energy, afterwards he creates an aura around himself that slows nearby enemies (within 150 units) and his basic attacks deal bonus physical and magic damage for the duration. His basic attacks also inflict grievous wounds (50% reduced effect from healing and regeneration effects) during the duration.
Slow- 75%
Duration- 30s
Bonus damage- +25/50/75 (+1)AD
CD- 90s
Mana Cost- 150

As alway, I do offer reviews for reviews... please feel free to check out my champion and I will be very happy to check out yours

kaotics2075

11-05-2012

Also, I would like to throw out there that I would like to host next month's MCCC if no one else minds.

matrixEXO

11-05-2012

Quote:
The5lacker:
Well that's not "bigger on the inside" That's just a shotgun blast. Now we're getting into a really vague mechanical limitation, and again, having most or all of a champions abilities link to such a mechanic just seems silly to me. Again, I'd much rather such a contest be focused on a theme rather than a singular mechanic, as themes allow for a much wider avenue of thought. For example, the Planeswalker theme last month. I only wish I could've been there for that one, it seemed like a lot of fun and the massive variety of options to chose from allowed for some pretty creative concepts all around.

No it is not! God save you guys. For the example, it's a cone AoE spell like Cho'Gath's and then having a twist in it. That is all. Also, if you read it thoroughly, you would know that it is a cone AoE spell that does DoT damage and causes all damage from all other sources than that spell to be increased in proportion to the closer the enemy is to the cone center. Learn to read.

The5lacker

11-05-2012

Quote:
matrixEXO:
No it is not! God save you guys. For the example, it's a cone AoE spell like Cho'Gath's and then having a twist in it. That is all. Also, if you read it thoroughly, you would know that it is a cone AoE spell that does DoT damage and causes all damage from all other sources than that spell to be increased in proportion to the closer the enemy is to the cone center. Learn to read.

And with that rude comment I leave you to your hopefully failing contest. Good day.

Hi I Like Cats

11-05-2012

Astrum, the Solar Origin

A melee bruiser that scales off AP.

Lore

"You dare look up to the Sun?"
Astrum came from space, he is incredibly arrogant and selfish, with an ego matching his celestial capabilities. Viewing himself above all others, he entered the League to show true power, as well as to find subjects worthy to serve under him.

Innate - Volatile Flares
Whenever Astrum casts a spell, his next auto attack will splash, dealing magic damage equal to 3% of the target's current health (Damage is halved and capped to minions). This can stack up to 3 times.

Q – Red Horizon
Astrum releases a surge of fire in a collision skill shot, dealing magic damage to the first target and knocking back all immediate enemies around it.

Activating Red Horizon on a target standing in Nova will increase the knock back aoe and damage.

W - Fusion Core/Nova
Passive - A small % of Astrum's maximum mana becomes bonus health
Active - Astrum unleashes a nova of energy around him, damaging enemies and gaining increased movement speed if he walks away from the nova’s center. Enemies in the nova are debuffed and slowed the closer they are to the centre. After 4 seconds, the nova will explode, applying the slow and dealing damage to targets in a larger radius.

E – Solar Rift
Astrum dashes to a target, temporarily increasing his armor by each unit he collides with.

Dashing to an enemy who is standing in Nova will knock them up.

R - Empyreal Storm
Astrum calls down a massive star at a location. After a delay, it will land, dealing massive damage, lowering the magic resistance and dealing periodic damage to all nearby enemies who stay near it.

Casting on Nova will also call down a shower of meteorites that randomly pummel the area around the star.

ObscureClockwork

11-05-2012

Quote:
matrixEXO:
Well, here is my review.

Baelrog, the Molten Shadow

Lore - 3.5/5
Story is engaging but is too long (subjective, thus begging to differ for some). There is some weirdness at the end where I couldn't make head or tail of the end of the fight.

Stats - 4/5
While most of them is true to a melee Champion, the amount of mana given is quite high. You never see a melee Champion with an end base mana value of 1.3k (I might be wrong, but you can check it out).

Skills - (13/25)
Passive - Fits the dichotomy well. Not so strong yet not so weak either, depending on how you want to build his passive stacks.

Q - There two missing information, his Q-2 range and effects of casting Q-2 while Q-1 is still traveling. Damage values are fine individually but Q-2's timer is too short. Only spamming the button will get it somewhere. Also, since there are no explanation on the capability of his Q-2 in chain with Q-1, I have a feeling that spamming the button when the enemy is at long range will cause both to proc, dealing overpowering damages all-together depending on how you build him, of course. At the same time, the overall capability of this skill is too strong, mana cost and cooldowns seem a tad smaller in comparison to the capable output being done.

W - I can see a toggle spamming to proc his passive, since it does not say otherwise. Is relatively bad, given that W-1's damage boost is quite high, armor pen is too low in increment (might as well not add it in) and a "decent" movement speed boost (subjective, is more leaning towards strong). W-2, on the other hand, needs some adjustments since there is no AoE radius value, a strong spell vamp potency and 15% of AP is quite small (basically a small health boost to reduce 1 poke is what I see).

E - I don't feel right with this skill. The base damages are "fine" but his ratios are quite low (base damages wholly rely on complete proc effect, while individually is very weak thus making his pokes weak). Focusing on either does not do him any good for this skill and hybrid-ing himself does not help either. This skill feels like it's forcing the player to go to melee range to actually do all the damage and that using it to poke-farm or poke-harass is sorely decentivised.

R - Another HP ratio effect. And the measly AD and AP ratios are so bad (also, I do not understand why it's there before the word "of his HP, since it does not do anything to change the % itself). The base damages dealt are quite high but suits it since it is a "Channel" DoT (actually not even considered a real channel since you can still move and attack, but just can't cast spells).

Overall - The skills begs the question of what it's main focus is. Even Jax, the "Hybrid" has a main focus. For this, it asks for whether you wanted him as Tank, AD, AP or Hybrid. I see him more towards Tank since:

1) Measly AD and AP ratios.
2) High HP ratios.
3) Base ratios can hold it's own in terms of damage.

Might have been better if you just stated Tank rather than Hybrid.

Gameplay - (2.5/5)
I don't think I will feel great playing this character. Some things are overpowered while some are underpowered. And being forced to melee E is not my cup of tea since, if it can do both, why not make being in melee range more of an incentive than a necessity? Then again, this Champion will get things done when things needs to be doing. His high HP ratios would make him be build as a tank, while his damages and ranged CC would allow him to hold his own against other existing Champions.

Total - 23/40

thats good, ill go add you in

ObscureClockwork

11-05-2012

Quote:
The5lacker:
I think the major problem with focusing on a single mechanic like this is it basically drags everyone into making champions with the same mechanical "feel." They ALL have to be closer to their target, basically, and have to have, like, circular AoE spell, or some sort of buff. I'd much rather have people build champions thematically, like, last month's Planeswalker contest. It allows for a lot more creativity in builds, I think. I mean, throwing everyone the line "spacetime" and going "Good luck!" would probably net a few more interesting champs who don't have to just drag enemies to a single point repeatedly, as entertaining as it is.

well, imo, thats the point of the mccc. sometimes, we are trying to encourage a theme that we feel is un-expressed. sometimes, we like using mechanics.

as long as creative people with an aptitude to twist around the possibilities and the skill to make these new ideas workable, i'll say these mechanic-based challenges can work.

and space-time can be done with a lot of freedom. spacial/temporal manipulation obviously seems like throwing people, and pulling, but it could be
flashing
one could explain true damage in terms of temporal manipulation
stat reductions (see above)
revival is already done, but it could have been a possibility
heals
once, a contestant did a interesting draven-esque ms buff skill. walk to certain points to increase ms. im sure something along those lines work
freezing/stunning obviously can be temporal manipulation
stasis field anyone?

the challenges that i have this month were intended to be just as much mechanical challenges as well as lore/description-based challenges.

i expect some creativity to exist in this forum. The mccc is rather lenient (imo) to people who do odd takes. Echoing let me do a golem in the shape on an angle for the "holy" theme. i was allowed to do a void creature for the "time traveler theme" (she got sucked into the present)
so, i suggest you to give it a go, and create something that bends the lines around the themes. something that follows the framework, but makes it circle. i think the judges and i would appreciate seeing something other than a [pull everyone to the center] ability 100 times
and for the record, shotgun-blast would fit the theme of bigger on the inside. the theme [bigger on the inside] is meant to be allowed to be completely unrelated to time and space manipulation if one so wishes. the challenges do fall under such manipulations however

and what planeswalker theme?
i hosted last mccc as well, and i remember theme was "delightfully frightening" which was completely mechanic based (dichotomy)
it was 2 mechanics challenges (aura + dichotomy) and 1 thematic challenge (non-human)

and also, concerning the theme, ill be lowering it to two abilities (which i feel is easily doable)
i think after some thought, two abilities is reasonable

@prototypetwo and matrixEXO
i'd rather not have a meeting on judging consistency. i think the point of having more than one judge is so that many different views are put into judging. i feel consistency meetings would kinda defeat the purpose.

@Kaotics2075 mind if we co-host it?
i had a theme i wanted to use (from a pretty cool book too )
[email]vhu9644@yahoo.com[/email] is my email
anyone spams me, ill take it off right away and mark those messages as spam. DON'T EMAIL ME UNLESS YOU ARE A JUDGE OR KAOTICS TALKING ABOUT NEXT MONTH'S MCCC

@contestants
good luck, i hope you guys are working with the challenges and theme this month effectively remember to think outside the box!
also, remember you have to satisfy all 3 (the theme and the 2 challenges)

@sigismund
i tried to lower the bigger on the inside theme requirement by one skill. i hope that helps
i'm trying to make it lore + mechanic based in one challenge (i like challenges huehue)

kaotics2075

11-05-2012

I dont mind co hosting, we can shoot ideas over e-mail... as for my entry, would you consider the theme and challenges covered?

ChristoFurocious

11-05-2012

i put my champ up here but im gonan resubmit if thats ok

Prototypetwo

11-05-2012

Quote:
ObscureClockwork:

@prototypetwo and matrixEXO
i'd rather not have a meeting on judging consistency. i think the point of having more than one judge is so that many different views are put into judging. i feel consistency meetings would kinda defeat the purpose.

That's fine. I was mostly thinking point breakdown and challenge details, but I'll leave the challenge detail-check mostly up to you. As for point breakdown I guess it's ok if we do it slightly differently (but sticking to the 5-5-25-5 split).

Also, I'm glad to see the inside bigger than outside challenge lightened to 2+ abilities. I think that maintains the challenge with more flexibility.