Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

November MCCC - The Inside is Bigger than the Outside

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

12-06-2012

Quote:
ObscureClockwork:
O.o well, i expected this to be on the december mccc area, but i would count you in
and gameplay is not a bonus point criteria because you are judging counterplay, and a wholistic view overall of them champion there

i put it in both
my only reason is that I feel gameplay is like saying based on your description that the champion is fun and exciting and that I would like to play her which is purely opinion based and not something that can be judged with standardization but the way you describe it here i feel you are correct in saying that it is not a bonus point.

ObscureClockwork

12-06-2012

Well, because prototypetwo did his, this would what mine would be

Abner, the Blinker

passive: Temporal Dislocation
Abner generates a zone of temporal dislocation around himself which grows as he doesn't more but shrinks during movement and combat. Enemies caught in the field will be applied a stack of temporal dislocation, will be given additional stacks of temporal dislocation upon being hit by Abner's spells as long as they remain within a short distance around Abner. Temporal dislocation stacks up to 4 times and each stack of temporal dislocation deals bonus true damage whenever the enemy takes damage from Abner Furthermore, Abner's arclight will have its own field of temporal dislocation

• Maximum AoE radius 700
  • Minimum AoE radius 300
  • Arclight field 250
  • Temporal dislocation hold radius 750
  • Temporal dislocation damage 2 + level + 0.1 AP per stack
  • Shrink rate50 per second in combat and movement

Q: Arclights
Abner summons a sphere of condensed gravitational and temporal energy, the suction of airborne molecules generates a static field. Upon summoning, enemies caught in the blast will be damaged. Additionally, using Arclights while other sphere are on the field will cause an arc from each sphere to the new sphere, damaging all enemies caught in the arc as well. Each sphere lasts for 10 seconds, and Abner can have a maximum of 4 spheres on the field.
  • Range 825
  • AoE radius 125
  • Damage 50/75/100/125/150 + 0.4 AP
  • Arc Damage 10/15/20/25/30 + 0.08 AP
  • Cooldown 3 seconds

W: Blink
Abner sends out a storm of temporal energy, causing nearby Arclights to arc again (refer to Q for arc damage), and also increasing his own temporal dislocation field to its maximum range for 4 seconds. Furthermore, for 4 seconds afterwards, Arclights within his temporal field will start blinking, generating a static hold to enemies, and maintaining that hold for until the enemy moves out of range or the effect ends.
  • Dislocation AoE radius 700 + 50 per enemy champ within 950 range
  • Blink effect detection radius 300
  • Blink tether radius 500
  • Blink damage 10/20/30/40/50 + 0.2 AP per second
  • Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8 seconds

E: Shatterlight
On arclight target:
Shatters the existing arclight, first causing all arclights nearby to be pushed outwards, and then a final arc into the shattered location. Moving arclights will damage and stun all enemies hit.
  • Range 900
  • Push radius 400
  • Stun Duration 1.5 seconds
  • Cooldown 6 seconds
On ground target
Sends a wave of energy, pushing all arclights back. These moving arclights will damage and stun all enemies hit.
  • Range 900
  • Push radius 400
  • Stun Duration 1.5 seconds
  • Cooldown 6 seconds

R: Matter Transference
Abner recalls all arclights from the field, surrounding himself with its energy for up to 10 seconds. During this time, Arclights cooldown is reduced to 1 second, and Abner can place 4 + his previously existing Arclights on the field. Upon the end of the 10 seconds, all Arclights on the field will shatter, releasing pent up pressure from gravitational suction, exploding in a fury of electrical energy. Unreleased energy around Abner will release as well, covering all enemies within range of his temporal dislocation. Abner can release this early, by using the same key again.
New arclights are put before stored arclights.
  • Explosion Radius 250
  • Explosion damage 100/150/200 + 0.5 AP
  • Abner Explsion damage 50 + 0.2 AP per stored sphere

pretty much another zone control mage.
dont know the mana costs and stuff yet, but this is the gist of it
and this was saved on a notepad, so idk about complete balance yet lolol

ObscureClockwork

12-06-2012

Quote:
Moby the White:
i put it in both
my only reason is that I feel gameplay is like saying based on your description that the champion is fun and exciting and that I would like to play her which is purely opinion based and not something that can be judged with standardization but the way you describe it here i feel you are correct in saying that it is not a bonus point.

tbh, gameplay may include comments like "this seems fun to play", it goes deeper than that.
i expect gameplay to be an evaluation of the existing counterplay and gameplay.
if counterplay exists, it would be fun to play and fun to play against
but at the same time, we try to evaluate the champion as a whole, because if someone posted orianna, but said her ball moves at only 300 movement speed, that would be very unfun to play as (as you really couldn't do much) and thats why i feel gameplay is important

given this though, gameplay is rather subjective. Counterplay is already subjective, but it is important

matrixEXO

12-12-2012

Only 6 more? This is too long for some people to wait I guess.

xAsakix
Santiago, the Seer of Truth - 21/40
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigismund
Vacc, The Exterminator Extraordinaire - 30/40
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NA Rukhron
Satoru, the Mind Beyond the Veil - 20/40
Nomir
Nena, Time's Mistress - 31/40