Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mia is OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

67chrome

11-03-2012

The mini-map is really important, and looking at the mini-map is honestly easier than reading the chat. You should just come to grips with the fact that doing anything outside of last-hitting under your tower is like driving without checking your mirrors at all or rufusing to check your blind spot when changing lanes.

Should I push this tower? Should I capture this altar? Should I extend halfway into the lane to get farm? Should I attempt a gank? Should I back up from what I'm doing? All of these questions can largely be answered by glancing at the mini-map. Getting crushed by 3 enemies because you decided to play as obliviously as a drunk driver is you're own fault.

AlmightyFork

11-03-2012

Quote:
xxzombiebitsxx:
ramblings of a future 500 elo player.

oh glorious one who has never been ganked. Your must have a lazy eye to always see your mini map.

SaveTheMaids

11-03-2012

I ping and say "mia" just to be sure.

I'll even tell them who's mia so they know what to expect.

DrenRawr

11-03-2012

Quote:
AlmightyFork:
oh glorious one who has never been ganked. Your must have a lazy eye to always see your mini map.

I have been ganked, but never due to something that could have been avoided by an mia call, i pay attention to my map, and I don't choose to miss out on CS because the enemy goes mia ever 2 sec.

If i lane against you I know how to beat you easy, just keep stepping back out of your vision for a second..then you go to ping and i jump in after you lol.

Just keep zoning you while you ping away and i eat your cs.

Exqzr

11-04-2012

Quote:
BluePriest:
Am I the only one that has been having bad luck with people thinking mia doesnt need to be called on this map? It seems like more and more people are just yelling "map awareness bruh!" when I ask them to call mia after im ganked. and say how this new map doesnt need it

Asking for or requiring "MIA" calls is a burden on your mates and you should not do it. Why?

1. There is no time in the new 3s to do this.

2. Player's are MIA pretty much all the time. We don't know if they are hiding in the bush or crossing to gank or whatever. But really, "Mia" call would have to go out every 5 to 10 seconds, which defeats the purpose.

3. Don't push your lane. I mean really. Clear your lane and go to the middle. Hide in bush. Maybe get a few jungle camps, protect your altar, wait for your opponents to show face and GANK GANK GANK! Rinse and repeat. Do this and win, don't do this and lose causing also the "where's my MIA noob!" rage.

4. If you are getting constantly ganked, see #3.

5. If your mates never call MIA, see #3.

6. If you have noobs on your team. Tell them to do #3.

Simply put better to be the GANKER than the GANKEE. If you lane, you will be the latter.

Good luck.

Captain Jamaica

11-04-2012

You should have map awareness, but a team should be sharing information if they want to win.