Trolls, trolls everywhere

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrono111

11-03-2012

So today I was playing ranked, as we are discussing the who plays what, one player says: JUNGLE KARTHUS FTW! and instant locked karthus with summoner skills and smite. Afterwards, no one said a word, and one player said: well, he is probably a pro. Unfortunately, I am in ELO hell, which I doubt that a jungle Karthus is going to be good. As a result, I dodged and of course, take the penalization for the troll as he goes on to ruin someone elses game.

This brings up my biggest concern: Can riot formulate some sort of plan to stop this from happening over and over again? When I started ranked, I was 3 wins and 1 lose. Afterwards I lost 11 straight games, in those 11 games, I was positive 8 times, negative three times, and two out of those three times I turned negative in late game. I know this is not uncommon, and I am sure people have brought this up before, but that does not make it ok. Once you fall into ELO hell, trolls simply go rampant. In those eleven games I lost, one game, we had a support Gragas, with summoner spells exhaust and surge, he ended up 0 and 17. I have had afkers, and even worse people who knows they are going to afk. One game, 30 seconds in, our Ezreal said: 'If I get dced sorry about that, the weather is really bad here.' After he said that, he disconnected and never came back. With this prevalent trolling in ELO hell, anyone who gets caught in it just hope they are lucky enough to get some decent teammates, and not trolls, but the reality is often harsh.
Take another example, I was 3 and 0 against Jayce on top lane, then I look at bot lane, and opponent's MF is 8 and 0 with three assists. These scenarios are not uncommon at all in ELO hell. The game before that I was olaf 4 and 0 against singed top lane, I look at mid, my Katarina is 0 and 7. How do you play a game when someone feeds so hard, and they do not really give a damn about it?

Well, I think I have complained enough, I just hope that one day, Riot will be able to catch these trolls, and ban them forever, they are so toxic to the LoL community.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

If that troll is playing in a style that will consistently lose matches, he will drop in Elo.

If you're not playing in a way that will consistently lose matches, you won't drop in Elo. You may lose a match that you get paired with them, but you won't be consistently losing matches. You'll still be able to win matches.

And guess what? The enemy team gets this kind of player about 20% more often then your team, so it's actually pretty easy to gain Elo because of trolls.

I'll say this though, looking through your match history, the general rule of thumb is after 2 ranked losses, take a break. Don't play another ranked match until you've slept.

Chrono111

11-03-2012

Thanks for the constructive advice, however it seems every time I play, one lane loses, and that lane completely destroys the game, and this happens almost, every, single time. Why is that?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Start making that lane be yours. Win your lane and destroy the game.

Chrono111

11-03-2012

I just did lol, 14 and 1 with garen top lane

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

ive won plenty of games where the other 2 lanes were totally thrashed during the laning phase. I dont think ive won a game where i was jungler and all 3 lanes were losing badly....but i guess it would be possible.

adc

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Start making that lane be yours. Win your lane and destroy the game.
The entire problem with this, though, is that unless you're playing a ridiculously strong snowball champion, or you're against people of significantly lower skill level - you can't. Dyrus would be able to carry past 1400 Elo easily. But a 1500 player would have significantly more trouble, since they're not at a significant skill advantage.

I personally win my lane (20~ more CS, maybe a kill or two) against 95% of people I play against - but I rarely snowball so hard that I can carry a team with a feeding lane.

Asif25

11-03-2012

trolls and ragers always get on my nerves when playing ranked or anything. rager rage about the meta and how ur suppose follow it when u don't always have to, trolls just help the enemy on purpose or stands there doing nothing.

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

if your teamates were doing very poorly...jsut stall. Dont try to make big plays jsut try to protect turrets. If the game lasts like over 40 minutes, the early problems wont matter as much...when everyone on both teams have finialyl compelted their core its basically a reset.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
The entire problem with this, though, is that unless you're playing a ridiculously strong snowball champion, or you're against people of significantly lower skill level - you can't. Dyrus would be able to carry past 1400 Elo easily. But a 1500 player would have significantly more trouble, since they're not at a significant skill advantage.

I personally win my lane (20~ more CS, maybe a kill or two) against 95% of people I play against - but I rarely snowball so hard that I can carry a team with a feeding lane.
Yes, it's true that as you start to approach your proper Elo, games become difficult (or impossible) to single-handedly carry.

But if you're truly better than the people at the Elo you're at and truly belong at a higher Elo, you can make sure you're dominating at least your lane every match.

Sometimes your other lanes will feed, and you'll lose. Sometimes, your other lanes will get fed and your whole team will just easily roll. It goes back and forth sure, but as long as you're playing consistently well and making sure you win your lane every time, you'll have a positive W/L rate and you'll slowly gain Elo.