What sould be done with regards to Flash?

Keep Flash as it is. 62 68.89%
Tweak Flash further. 8 8.89%
Remove Flash. 20 22.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Time to remove Flash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAnarchist

10-04-2010

Below I've listed the pros and attempted to counter the cons as I see them,

Summoner loading screens now remind me of when Flash had like twice the distance.
- No one enjoys seeing Ghost / Flash on half the summoners in game. Ghost should stay and perhaps be a little further nerfed but Flash has been tinkered with already. Fool me once...

Removing Flash would be a very significant buff to melee carries.
- Melee don't generally use flash, most use Cleanse / Ghost / Smite or a variety of other spells. Ranged carries however very often pack flash as an escape mechanism.

Removing Flash would be an AoE nerf.

- After chatting on IRC for awhile about Flash the point was brought up that removing Flash would be a significant nerf to certain champions who "rely" on Flash. The champions that were brought up; Annie, Galio, Nunu and Alistar (I'm sure there are more these are just the ones we chatted about.)

You'll notice all those champs are AoE based (with the notable exception of Alistar, I'll get to him in a moment). Also all these champs (even Nunu!) play crucial roles in many top tier compositions. Would the removal of flash hurt them?

Well It'd hurt Galio but really I don't think it would be a huge nerf to him. He's a tank and can quite easily soak up the additonal damage it'll take him to ghost into position. Having flash on such a powerful ult just makes it too win button anyways.

I almost laughed when Annie was brought up. No Annie does not need Flash. Yes it's good on her. Sorry you'll just have to rape from 8 miles away instead of 10.

Nunu is a funny case who will probably benefit from flash being removed as much as it'll hurt him. He can't flash into the ideal position, but they can't flash out either. Probably a net buff.

Alistar is a pretty bad champ atm. He does heavily rely on flash but tbh he deserves a rework anyways. For a game which rightly prides itself on activity, Alistar can seem very dated.

Removing Flash would buff gankers.
- I've read concerns from players that LoL is turning into a farm-fest. Indeed at top level play the game can be quite dull in the initial 10 minutes. This is largely due to the difficulty in actually successfully ganking someone. It is almost never worth leaving lane to try and gank another, as the odds of success are so low. Even for junglers, its only really worth ganking if players have over extended and are weak. That can't be right can it?

Removal of Flash would help ganking champions considerably. The balance fall out from this effect would likely be relatively small as most gankers already suffer from being melee and thus suck in the current game.

So... what do you think? As far as I can see removing Flash would be a step in the right direction for melee, ganking and a needed nerf for AoE. One could argue that Flash helps with positioning and is thus a counter to AoE but imo AoE teams benefit more from Flash than teams who use it as a counter to position themselves away from the AoE. I'm also of the point of view that either melee need buffed lvled MR values or a new item to counter LoLs AoE and CC heavy champion roster but thats another issue altogether!

Akudemi

10-04-2010

I quite enjoy the use of Flash, thank you sir.

Besides - Flash has been nerfed enough in the past, leave it be.

Galio (No Flash):
"Hey, there are some leaves that lead directly to the middle of our team... oh, yep, there's Galio trying to initiate. Better back up"

Galio (With Flash):
"Hey, there are some..."
???
Ace!

AfghanWalrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

Flash is fine.

MASE STUN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2010

what rock have you been living under these past 6 months?
flash is fine, and has been fine for quite some time now.

DT777

10-04-2010

All for removing flash.

There needs to be a flash dagger or flash item to replace it though.

Baín

10-04-2010

I'd like to see the ability to dodge projectiles removed, as that basically lets an alert summoner get out of something that should have lead to his demise entirely too easily.

Azelf

10-04-2010

"Galio is a tank and can soak up damage while ghosting into position" you say?

Oh wait, where are you running to?

Siky

10-04-2010

Removing Flash won't make Jax better.

DeSaLiToR

10-04-2010

flash has a tiny range. it DOESN'T have a short cd either. so why bother messin with it. it does its job as it should. remove ignite - exhaust from the game. kthxbai

Kyran

10-04-2010

Remove flash. Add blink dagger. Make sure blink dagger resets it's small cooldown on damage taken.
Both sides of the argument win.