Help quick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thelittlewarlord

06-30-2014

So I started my provisional matches and I don't know where I will be placed, I've played 8 games so far and won 4 (yes i know, I'm bad). I've seen posts that say the number of wins you need for a certain league but others say that its about your mmr. Since I'm in pre-ranked, I can't check my mmr so I don't know where I will be placed. If someone could help and explain the win/placement thing it would be great.
And if i play duo queue with someone who's in a higher league (let's say gold) and win, will that boost my mmr a lot (so I'll be closer to gold)?

Thanks for any support.

GundayMonday

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2014

It completely depends on your mmr. OPGG and lolnexus are great for estimating this. You could lose all 10 of your provisional games and still be placed in plat if you were playing with/against diamonds. I wouldn't worry too much about this. Just play your best and grind up the ladder if you're not happy with where you get placed!

Zerglinglol

06-30-2014

Last season 4-6 got me silver V. A friend of mine went 9-1 in her placements and placed silver 1. TBH I wouldn't put too much into the placements. That's all they are. There's a lot of luck involved so you're probably going to place higher or lower than where you really belong.

Trrees

06-30-2014

Depends on your MMR. Chances you, you could go like 7-3 and be placed in Bronze 5 like me. In the end, you probably have to climb up the ladder anyway.