AFK.. NEED to be able to surrender BEFORE 20 mins. Guy AFK'ed and we're stuck wtf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlackHecilopter

11-02-2012

You have to be kidding me... at least let us surrender FFS! I didn't pay money for this bull****.

DanSparrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

You paid money? for what? the game is free.

Also, just because of that you want to surrender? You really must be quite a bad player, or just too new, because I've seen lots of 4v5 and even 3v5 games where the biggest team loses anyway, it doesn't depend on the amount of players, but in each player's skills. So as I said, you must be quite bad :/

But you posted in the right section, you obviously need some (or whole bunch of) guides, even when the topic isn't related with guides at all.

BlackHecilopter

11-02-2012

Why can't I surrender BEFORE 20 mins... com'on what kind of stupid answer can you give me?

Elodin

11-02-2012

First of, this isn't related to strategy for champions at all.

Second of all, one reason games aren't allowed to be surrendered before 20 minutes is because if that was the case, you would have ragers (such as yourself) giving up in games far before ther ewas any need to. It would lower the quality of games overall and do more harm than good.

Mambazo

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDaNx View Post
You paid money? for what? the game is free.

Also, just because of that you want to surrender? You really must be quite a bad player, or just too new, because I've seen lots of 4v5 and even 3v5 games where the biggest team loses anyway, it doesn't depend on the amount of players, but in each player's skills. So as I said, you must be quite bad :/

But you posted in the right section, you obviously need some (or whole bunch of) guides, even when the topic isn't related with guides at all.
You must be under level 30.

After getting a few hundred games under my belt and being 30 for a while, I played ONE game where I was able to carry a 4v5. I now have about 2200 games played and still that's the only one. I don't count the times it happened pre-30 because no rules apply at that level, you can play as master yi and get stupid opponents and just 1v5 their entire team.

Against players with even the slightest idea of what they're doing, a 4v5 can not be won.

BlackHecilopter

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
First of, this isn't related to strategy for champions at all.

Second of all, one reason games aren't allowed to be surrendered before 20 minutes is because if that was the case, you would have ragers (such as yourself) giving up in games far before ther ewas any need to. It would lower the quality of games overall and do more harm than good.
I'm talking about detecting AFK or a DC and giving the option to surrender. So I'm a rager why? A guy AFK's my game and I'm on the hook? eff that, eff that to hell.

Lethadind

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambazo View Post

After getting a few hundred games under my belt and being 30 for a while, I played ONE game where I was able to carry a 4v5. I now have about 2200 games played and still that's the only one. I don't count the times it happened pre-30 because no rules apply at that level, you can play as master yi and get stupid opponents and just 1v5 their entire team.

Against players with even the slightest idea of what they're doing, a 4v5 can not be won.
I've carried about 5 - 500 games played. It can be done, and it's not horribly hard either, as long as you have two tanky champs and at least two people who know what they're doing.

To the point of the poster. Stop the rage, it's not going to make you feel better. The reasons given above are correct. People would troll a lot harder if there was no surrender window - if you think it's bad now, you have no idea how bad it would be with something like a no-time-window surrender.

Lord Ryushishin

11-03-2012

What if that AFKer was deadweight to start with? Like if all they did was feed and would probably continue to do so through out the game. That is a win for your team.

Plus 4v5s are really managable to win.

DemosthenesPaean

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambazo View Post

I completely agree. I have about 700 games under my belt and have probably carried two or three 4v5's. 4v5 is certainly doable. However, it is only doable if the opponents team has a poor champion composition and/or aren't very skilled.

There is a lot more than just winning the lane. Even if two lanes can 1v2 and doing it well, it doesn't suggest that they will do well or even win 4v5 team fights. if both teams have optimal compositions and are equally skilled, the team with less players will lose.

Jowabunga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

The thing that gets me about 4v5s... They're exercises in frustration because 19 times out of 20 you're gonna be ground into the dirt, split-pushed, and/or subjected to games that are not fun. I'm generally just not interested in putting forth 20+ minutes of effort and would rather just start a new game. I've even afked or disconnected myself a few times just to clear my head, get some water, etc and then reconnect intending to be in the game when it ends so I at least get a little IP for the bad game I just got stuck in. Yet, you get people who are so insistent you stick with these bad games that they clamor for people to report the original afker AND you for leaving, despite the fact that I'm polite and up-front about the whole thing.