Curious about gold...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FattestCupcakeNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

I was curious about Riots opinion on gold value % in TT. You start with about double the gold of SR, but gold bonuses stay the same, for instance FB +400g, killstreaks up to +600g. I figure we're just given extra gold to kind of speed things along initially, but what about diminishing that extra gold at the start, and increasing bonuses from bounties, fb, and objectives by maybe...35%? Then you're rewarding smart plays, while providing additional incentives for say jungling for the zone control, and even if someone gets way ahead in kills their bounty is high enough that actively seeking them out is going to provide a worthwhile gold benefit (honestly, if someone has 8+ killstreak on TT you need more than a measley 600g *not even pickaxe quality gold* to even begin to put a dent in their snowballing)

I realized I had no idea how gold distribution is really approached by the developers, how they go about deciding when where and how much gold they give to whom. If it's in an effort to enforce some kind of playstyle they have in mind, to affect power differentials between champions at different points of the game, or something else entirely. So with the current "support starvation" issue I figure it's something they're actively analyzing, and thought maybe a discussion would yield interesting results.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightyFork

11-03-2012

You have enough gold for boots and a doran's item. Every top laners dream. Good thing it's a bruiser meta