Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I have my new PC setup, thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

I have lots of money leftover from this past summer, so I don't mind spending a few extra bucks here and there. But, tbh, the motherboard is the only part I didn't do much research/comparing on, so I might just reconsider that part. As for the other parts, I think they're worth what they're made out to be.

Fudoka

11-03-2012

Dude, I would swtich SSD's. If your goal is one that is around the 120-124GB capacity, then I would shop around and get one that's on sale for less than $100 after tax/shipping. I see a deal every week from newegg for a reputable ~120GB SSD. As for generally good models, go for the Samsung 830 series, crucial m4, or ocz vertex 4 OR agility 4 (both would be good enough for you). I know there's one from Intel that came out (i think 330?), but I think its still around $1/GB. The others I mentioned will be <$100 on sale.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

I'll do a little looking around tomorrow but I feel like the one I found will do the job.

bobofred

11-04-2012

Quote:
darkhellion111:
dont get suckered into buying overpriced Intel products dude. Buy an AMD processor, you will be so much better off.

it's a lie, intel processors do cost more, but they ARE better on average.

bobofred

11-04-2012

Quote:
CannibalMoose:
I'll do a little looking around tomorrow but I feel like the one I found will do the job.

The one i bought is called the crucial m4. If you're interested, when i was shopping it seemed like the best option.

CannibalMoose

11-04-2012

looks like i'm gonna have to go with the i5 3550 instead of the i5 2500k cause they didn't have it. x-x

i'm also getting a 500 GB hard drive if i recall correctly, will that be enough? i only play league and a couple of other MMOs, and i don't really download anything.

Sladius

11-04-2012

your processor is perfect.
You should consider getting a GTX 660ti or anything from the kepler chips. Pick a video card with a non reference cooler like Twin Frozr or DirectCU
try spending more money on an asus rog motherboard and a 900w modular antec PSU. Those are the most important components because it will give maximum performance to your processor and video card plus you are guaranteed to have stable overclocks .
I also suggest a full tower over a mid because it gives more airflow and good cable mgnment.
every else you shouldn't really worth about.

IS130d109c04756628c7529

11-04-2012

Quote:
CannibalMoose:
looks like i'm gonna have to go with the i5 3550 instead of the i5 2500k cause they didn't have it. x-x

i'm also getting a 500 GB hard drive if i recall correctly, will that be enough? i only play league and a couple of other MMOs, and i don't really download anything.

If that's all your playing, just save yourself some money and grab a 6850. That ought to be more than enough for mmos and most midrange games in general.

CannibalMoose

11-05-2012

Quote:
FractureDesign:
If that's all your playing, just save yourself some money and grab a 6850. That ought to be more than enough for mmos and most midrange games in general.

well, i still wanna have a good computer in case i decide to pick up a new game that requires certain specs.