I have my new PC setup, thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

I have lots of money leftover from this past summer, so I don't mind spending a few extra bucks here and there. But, tbh, the motherboard is the only part I didn't do much research/comparing on, so I might just reconsider that part. As for the other parts, I think they're worth what they're made out to be.

Fudoka

11-03-2012

Dude, I would swtich SSD's. If your goal is one that is around the 120-124GB capacity, then I would shop around and get one that's on sale for less than $100 after tax/shipping. I see a deal every week from newegg for a reputable ~120GB SSD. As for generally good models, go for the Samsung 830 series, crucial m4, or ocz vertex 4 OR agility 4 (both would be good enough for you). I know there's one from Intel that came out (i think 330?), but I think its still around $1/GB. The others I mentioned will be <$100 on sale.

CannibalMoose

11-03-2012

I'll do a little looking around tomorrow but I feel like the one I found will do the job.

bobofred

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhellion111 View Post
dont get suckered into buying overpriced Intel products dude. Buy an AMD processor, you will be so much better off.
it's a lie, intel processors do cost more, but they ARE better on average.

bobofred

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalMoose View Post
I'll do a little looking around tomorrow but I feel like the one I found will do the job.
The one i bought is called the crucial m4. If you're interested, when i was shopping it seemed like the best option.

CannibalMoose

11-04-2012

looks like i'm gonna have to go with the i5 3550 instead of the i5 2500k cause they didn't have it. x-x

i'm also getting a 500 GB hard drive if i recall correctly, will that be enough? i only play league and a couple of other MMOs, and i don't really download anything.

Sladius

11-04-2012

your processor is perfect.
You should consider getting a GTX 660ti or anything from the kepler chips. Pick a video card with a non reference cooler like Twin Frozr or DirectCU
try spending more money on an asus rog motherboard and a 900w modular antec PSU. Those are the most important components because it will give maximum performance to your processor and video card plus you are guaranteed to have stable overclocks .
I also suggest a full tower over a mid because it gives more airflow and good cable mgnment.
every else you shouldn't really worth about.

IS130d109c04756628c7529

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalMoose View Post
looks like i'm gonna have to go with the i5 3550 instead of the i5 2500k cause they didn't have it. x-x

i'm also getting a 500 GB hard drive if i recall correctly, will that be enough? i only play league and a couple of other MMOs, and i don't really download anything.
If that's all your playing, just save yourself some money and grab a 6850. That ought to be more than enough for mmos and most midrange games in general.

CannibalMoose

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractureDesign View Post
If that's all your playing, just save yourself some money and grab a 6850. That ought to be more than enough for mmos and most midrange games in general.
well, i still wanna have a good computer in case i decide to pick up a new game that requires certain specs.