Interesting Evelynn build...Seriously. It seems to be working.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyov

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofoGaryOak View Post
Many instances people buy oracles. In fact it's even easier to counter Oracles with this build IMO. Most of the time it seems to work in my favor when I know they have oracles or wards. I purposely go there bait a little and then go for a target. Any target. Team rapes them while I get rolled. Most of the time I'm CC'd anyways. But after that initial burst, it seems to put people off.

Last game we took out at least 20 wards (Had a shaco too) and an oracle user or two.

I'm confused why you think being CC'd is bad. The point is to get yours off first so your team can roll them, while the whole team is wasting theirs on you. Basically, Eve is filling in a niche of pseudo tank and stealth stun with slight DPS. So when you die, you'll have another tank to reinitiate/CC and then continue bursting. But you will probably never die after locket and RoA. If it gets that bad, then Zhonyas before Ryjals I guess.
what you're saying is...
you're the dummy for your team?

AliceTheLinguist

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axecution View Post
Sounds plausible. Keep doing it get to mid-high and then rage when Madreds burns you like the hot of the sun.

Sounds goof though. Keep it up.
Well like I said before, that Kog maw stream rolled through my health. He couldn't 1 v 1 me totally. If I had exhaust instead of Revive, no way he would have beaten me. Besides, sometimes I get banshees over Rylajs. Puts me up to almost 100 MR. Negates lots of damage still.

But, the point is to be a pseudo tank with stealth. The point is to take damage. Not to dish it out as much.

The first thing you see when you see an Eve pop out and stun someone is "LETS KILL EVE OMG". Well yeah. Everyone does that. But by the time the stun is over, the target is already dead/their team is CC'd to some degree.

jDolla Billz

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
1. Enemy buys a certain 400g item
2. They use a stun on you
3. ???
4. Profit!! (for them)
Buying oracles kinda works, but you just focus them and they wasted 400g and possibly more by trying to focus eve still. Force them to buy oracles by killing their wards and you are destined to win.

I think the main point is that eve sucks but what she brings into a team fight is that she sucks so hard everybody thinks she's a free kill and wants to focus that 4k hp eve instead of the carry. If eve gets some good backup with this method I can see her ult making them waste tons of burst trying to get an eve down just for her to get back to 50% .

Revive works because you're destined to die with this build, it's intentional to be a sacrifice. She provides more than a tank I think though, psychologically messes with you because she's not really a "tank" so they focus a half tank (like focusing a baddy nasus or something) and she has stealth that makes them buy wards or oracles, she can stun for 2 seconds or so I think and dat ultimate recovery.

Not top tier but definitely pub-stomping possible

way2lazy

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
1. Enemy buys a certain 400g item
2. They use a stun on you
3. ???
4. Profit!! (for them)
the range on oracles is really low. Eve's ravage is almost further than the range on oracles. With flash/Ghost and eve's ult, there's no way they'll stun you before you stun them.

Every time an enemy comes on the map, click them. If they have oracles say "Focus X they have oracles."

Whenever I play eve every time someone buys oracles I think "GREAT" because I just got them to waste 400 gold to counter me with an item that's lost on death. Then, I just play like they can see me. The reason most people suck with eve is because they play her like her invisibility is necessary. In fact, she can work well as a melee carry with a next hit stun without invisibility just fine.

Not to say she couldn't be better or that she's easy to play, but her badness is greatly exagerated.

AliceTheLinguist

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
new locket is decent on tank eve yea. rest of your build is garbage though. You want armor/MR to buff eve's ult since you gain a percentage of the enemy's death, not yours...more hp doesnt help you but mr/armor will make the healed hp more efficient
Yeah but I tried without any AP. I mean, even just a little AP is needed IMO. You can play total tank with 0 AP sure. But the reason I got RoA is because of AP mostly. I was thinking about the MR and Armor, still am actually, but every item I get has a reason for me getting it. People look at stats. I have lots of health, but no armor and MR. So they still do lots of damage, but it still takes awhile to kill me. So as I look at it, they think I'm squishy, when in general terms I am, but have more surviablity then they think. Yes Madreds, Yes Death fire, Yes etc. I know. But it still takes a bit to kill me. I think 2-3 seconds focused. Enough for my team to roll them without any CCs on their part.

I'm still tweaking it though.

way2lazy

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MofoGaryOak View Post
Yeah but I tried without any AP. I mean, even just a little AP is needed IMO. You can play total tank with 0 AP sure. But the reason I got RoA is because of AP mostly. I was thinking about the MR and Armor, still am actually, but every item I get has a reason for me getting it. People look at stats. I have lots of health, but no armor and MR. So they still do lots of damage, but it still takes awhile to kill me. So as I look at it, they think I'm squishy, when in general terms I am, but have more surviablity then they think. Yes Madreds, Yes Death fire, Yes etc. I know. But it still takes a bit to kill me. I think 2-3 seconds focused. Enough for my team to roll them without any CCs on their part.

I'm still tweaking it though.
just play sunfire eve tbh <_<

EveryTimeV

10-04-2010

I read it.

I'm under the assumption you're exaggerating the 4K Hit points though, on Cho'Gath this is accomplished with some more effort than Locket and Rylai's.

Now, in these team fights I have this picture in my mind you're running up to this one person you've chosen and he's either so horribly extended/out of positioning that anyone with a stun would be able to do this anyway or this is the actual reason you took revive.

When Eve pops up (or anyone for that matter) in a team to stun someone, she is initiating, you're being the tank at this point and I doubt you as well as most tanks actually survive being completely focused, the difference is most tanks that initiate this way also have some decent resistances along with their hit points, which your build doesn't seem to have any.

Effectively you're trying to tell me that you are out healing an entire teams focus with nothing more than a chunk of HP, if you aren't, you're telling me that your ultimate helped out because the target died (understandable I guess, you did say this).

But what? Eve is now the team's initiator, she's clearly very durable so why is this team focusing Eve? Because Eve is supposed to be very bad, very squishy? I don't see why people wouldn't ignore the black line HP bar and go for, say...

This extremely potent DPS that is somehow killing who your target is in 5 Seconds.

Maybe it's just me being optimistic about player assessment, I like to think people will take 20 Seconds to look at the enemies build at the start, 10 Minutes in, 20 Minutes in and so on, to get an idea of what role who is trying to fill in; because no person would focus Eve when she's clearly trying to receive the focus fire, your team is in plain site or the enemy team is plain stupid and fights around unchecked bushes...

way2lazy

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryTimeV View Post
cut for length
You ignore eve's passive. If you ignore her at all, she'll just get healed every time someone on your team dies. She has more survivability than you think too.

With some health, ghost, and her ult she can get away from pretty much anything in the game.

And why would they have to be overextended? I always stun squishies behind their team, ravage, and run away (unless they're almost dead. Then I kill them and run away). Their whole team turns around to figure out wtf just happened and then they get steamrolled from the front by the rest of my team and I use my newly charged ult to pick off any people running away.

People really underestimate the pure shock factor of someone popping stealth and hitting a squishy for close to half their health while stunning them. There's also a lot to be said for being able to shut down channeled ults and stunning a carry for 2s.

I just really think people don't know how to play eve when I read these threads.

@OP: where are these eve patch notes you talked about?

Shiddy

10-04-2010

Saw this guy play and he's horrible.

Skytorn

10-04-2010

"almost as useful as revival Pantheon"

*the sound of a veteran Pantheon player choking himself in rage and frustration follows for the next half hour*