Issue with Elise's Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marketeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Ok, so Elise is a cult leader, with entranced followers. She secretly sacrifices them to an undead spider-thing on the Shadow Isles for power and longevity.

Champions in the League are the equivalent of major celebrities. They get endorsements, are famous, etc.

So Elise, as a champion, is going to be well-known to Valoran. Her appearance, style, and capabilities are fairly well known.

...such as the fact that she turns into a giant spider, and bites/eats people.

So, this raises certain questions in the lore:

1a) Wouldn't this cause people to heavily scrutinize the mysterious disappearances of her cult members?
1b) Wouldn't this make it hard for her to recruit into the cult?
1c) What does she get out of being a league champion that compensates for all the hassle?

and

2) Doesn't this make her a prime target for Vayne in Vayne's war against the darkness?

I should note that these questions are answerable with a little work and additions to the canon; I just feel like these are the sorts of questions that should be pointed out so the lore team can work on them.

MasqureMan

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marketeer View Post
Ok, so Elise is a cult leader, with entranced followers. She secretly sacrifices them to an undead spider-thing on the Shadow Isles for power and longevity.

Champions in the League are the equivalent of major celebrities. They get endorsements, are famous, etc.

So Elise, as a champion, is going to be well-known to Valoran. Her appearance, style, and capabilities are fairly well known.

...such as the fact that she turns into a giant spider, and bites/eats people.

So, this raises certain questions in the lore:

1a) Wouldn't this cause people to heavily scrutinize the mysterious disappearances of her cult members?
1b) Wouldn't this make it hard for her to recruit into the cult?
1c) What does she get out of being a league champion that compensates for all the hassle?

and

2) Doesn't this make her a prime target for Vayne in Vayne's war against the darkness?

I should note that these questions are answerable with a little work and additions to the canon; I just feel like these are the sorts of questions that should be pointed out so the lore team can work on them.
If you listen to the login screen story, you see Elise herself was entranced to come to the Isles. Assuming others also feel that pull the closer they are to it, it wouldn't be too hard to believe she could influence people into following her. Plus, they probably think they will ascend to her spider woman status rather than become sacrifices.

lastcenturion

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasqureMan View Post
If you listen to the login screen story, you see Elise herself was entranced to come to the Isles. Assuming others also feel that pull the closer they are to it, it wouldn't be too hard to believe she could influence people into following her. Plus, they probably think they will ascend to her spider woman status rather than become sacrifices.
i wan't riot thinking before writing DAMMIT _

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

That quote from Riven says his followers are more like flies caught in her web then following for their free will.

Also, yeah, Vayne wants to destroy the league as a whole and kill every dark being, including Elise.