Unsuspend me please?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashaerien

11-03-2012

I didn't know where to else to put this, but I was suspended yesterday after I disconnected due to all the electricity in my house going out.
I'm suspended until November 9, 2012 and would like to be unsuspended due to the power outage and it was not my fault.

Thank you for reading this, if this is in the wrong section, please let me know.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

You are not suspended for singular games. If your ban is because of AFK/DC/Idle, then you've been banned for establishing a pattern of AFKing/DCing/Idling. It's a one week ban, which leads me to believe this is not your first ban. You'll be unbanned in a week.

Ashaerien

11-03-2012

It is not my first ban, though the rest have been due to the frequent storms and parents with internet. We've been having issues with our routers and due to the recent power outage I'm just saying that a 9 day ban for something that is not my fault is a little extensive, and should be removed since I did not purposefully leave the match.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

First, Riot can not distinguish between intentional and unintentional disconnects. It's impossible. And it'd be bad for them to simply take your word on it.

Second, regardless of whether or not it's your fault, you've been banned for this at least once already. You know you've had connectivity issues, yet you've continued to queue up for matches knowing full well you may get disconnected. Guess what, League is a team game, and when you get disconnected, you leave your team at a major disadvantage, again, regardless of whether or not it was intentional. Riot can't let you keep playing and leaving your team at a disadvantage like this when you've established a habit of leaving matches.

Third, today is the 3rd. The ban is for 7 days, not 9.

And finally, you should use this time to try figuring out your connectivity problem. You could even contact Riot's tech support and they can help you. But while you take this 7 day time-out, you should remember to think twice before queuing up for a match that you know there's a decently good chance you'll be disconnected from.

Ashaerien

11-03-2012

Yes but at least 90% of the times I have been able to reconnect only a few moments after. (Sorry, was unaware of the date).
I know the connectivity problems, and I can't tell if I know that in the next 5 minutes that the power in my house will just suddenly go out, you can't know that. All I'm saying that 7 days is a long stretch when it was not at all my fault.
Though thanks for the information.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

I'd just enjoy smurfing. Time to learn some free week champs.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaerien View Post
I know the connectivity problems, and I can't tell if I know that in the next 5 minutes that the power in my house will just suddenly go out
Then I'd suggest finding some offline, single-player games.

Just keep in mind that if you disconnect, even if for just 5 minutes, you put your team at a massive disadvantage.

Although... does the power at your house seriously just randomly go out whenever? Or is it only when it's storming? Because if it's only when it's storming, isn't it easy enough to just not queue up when it's storming? (Or play on an alternate account against bots when it's storming so your main doesn't get banned.)

Always Love God

11-03-2012

Well Riot can't reduce the time on your ban.

Reason is how do they know they you actually got a storm?

But you can not play when there storm.
Do not take the risk of losing your account.
I suggest Get a level 1 account and play on it while you are having a bad storm then get it high lever
so if you get banned from this 1 you got a back up.

Was this from hurricane Sandy?Why would you even play during a hurricane?