The ELO system 5v5: Dafuq?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fengi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Okay, so my ranked team went 4-1 in ranked season 2, and yet we get slapped with a 1232 ELO. Seriously?!?!?! My friends team went 2-3 and got a 1320 ELO. What the hell...

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Has season 3 started? Are you complaining about what the Elo's were reset to? Or are Elo's not reset and you're complaining about current Elo's?

KnightxSScarlett

11-03-2012

Electric Light Orchestra system? How does ELO relate to League of Legends?

No, seriously. Why does no one understand that ELO stands for Electric Light Orchestra (in general) and that Elo (the ranking system created by the man of the same name) is what you actually mean to use?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Elo (given that it's a person's name) is actually proper. Not ELO or elo.

Fengi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

First off: I'm mad because normally going 4-1 would put you silver, now 1231...
Second off: I'm referring to the ranking system created for Chess that is used for league of legends.
Third off: It would be ELO if you are referring to somebody's name so there is no confusion between an L and i.

KnightxSScarlett

11-03-2012

Nope, it's definitely Elo.

Your L and I justification amuses me though.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fengi View Post
First off: I'm mad because normally going 4-1 would put you silver, now 1231...
Second off: I'm referring to the ranking system created for Chess that is used for league of legends.
Third off: It would be ELO if you are referring to somebody's name so there is no confusion between an L and i.
So, the quarterback is John ELWAY, right? His name isn't John Elway, right? Because that would be confused with Eiway, right? Am I doing it right?

Anyway, you didn't really answer my question, but I can tell you this...

For 5v5 teams, the initial Elo rating is based off the Elo rating of the teammembers. If your friend's team is composed of five 1400-1500 players or something, and they went 2-3, it'd make sense for them to be 1320. While if your team is composed of 1100-1200 players and went 4-1, 1231 seems like an appropriate rating.

Slash7

11-03-2012

why do u call it elo instead of rating?
isnt it the same?