~~[Avatars]Forum Enhancer Kit by Worre~~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FujiyamaNoMokou

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthaven View Post
Dead Man Wonderland! I was so sad that the series didn't last longer
Maybe someday...

I have a thing for white haired girls so saw some vids and had to check it out.

Riot Frosthaven

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lénekton Bot View Post
Very good ideas. Those would work well with the Chrome Extension but the userscript one would have troubles verifying the user.

I thought about requiring the users to post randomly generated string to some of their post and then inserting the link to my site where the server would parse it and then activate it.
I actually like that idea. You'd essentially scan the linked page for username > id pairs by parsing them out of the forum's nested div's I'd imagine? It's not completely transparent, but people are already accustomed to activating all of their services so I'm sure that's a non issue. You could even just tell people to post their activation codes on your main thread so that it doesn't spam the boards and gets you some publicity at the same time by keeping the topic bumped. You'd just want to be sure and check the url so that you don't get an NA player overwriting an EU player.

LĂŠnekton Bot

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthaven View Post
I actually like that idea. You'd essentially scan the linked page for username > id pairs by parsing them out of the forum's nested div's I'd imagine? It's not completely transparent, but people are already accustomed to activating all of their services so I'm sure that's a non issue. You could even just tell people to post their activation codes on your main thread so that it doesn't spam the boards and gets you some publicity at the same time by keeping the topic bumped.
You're correct about that.

Link like this contains the id of the post it directs to so it is relatively easy to make the site scan that specific post for the username and the activation string.

And about the forum cluttering, I thought that I could recommend people to edit one of their old posts and include the activation key in it and then giving the link to my site.

Riot Frosthaven

02-11-2013

Quote:
And about the forum cluttering, I thought that I could recommend people to edit one of their old posts and include the activation key in it and then giving the link to my site.
A modest developer - I didn't realize there were any of those left in the world... +1

The only thing I'd see with that is you would want to make sure that you verify the region through the url so that for instance I can't overwrite whoever Frosthaven is on eu.leagueoflegends.com - But I'm confident you already thought of that. Keep up the amazing work, we all love you for it!

LĂŠnekton Bot

02-11-2013

Oh, forgot to mention.

The second post of this thread now has a ban list that will include offenders name and the ban reason.

Finn the Human

02-11-2013

Quote:
Oh, forgot to mention.

The second post of this thread now has a ban list that will include offenders name and the ban reason.
Lettuce hope it stays that big.

LĂŠnekton Bot

02-11-2013

Can anyone still see those dick avatars?

Allorim

02-11-2013

Quote:
You're correct about that.

Link like this contains the id of the post it directs to so it is relatively easy to make the site scan that specific post for the username and the activation string.

Apparently my avatar was changed by someone called Captain Marvelous. I don't even use this program.

LĂŠnekton Bot

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX Allorim View Post
Apparently my avatar was changed by someone called Captain Marvelous. I don't even use this program.
Actually, it was Masterfiends. But don't worry about that, he's already permanently banned from the system and the avatars he uploaded are deleted.

Method512

02-11-2013

Quote:
Yes. I really have to think a way to verify users.

Now I have to track that dick spamming dude.
How about creating an automated email to send activation codes for each account created?