Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

~~[Avatars]Forum Enhancer Kit by Worre~~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lénekton Bot

02-11-2013

Masterfiends
You are now permabanned for using F.E.K as a way to advertise your YouTube channel and for making 39 F.E.K accounts for LoL accounts you don't own.

FujiyamaNoMokou

02-11-2013

Quote:
Lénekton Bot:
Masterfiends
You are now permabanned for using F.E.K as a way to advertise your YouTube channel and for making 39 F.E.K accounts for LoL accounts you don't own.

39? Daaaaaaaaaaamn.

Iustis

02-11-2013

He managed to do that much?...

Mr Mog

02-11-2013

39 is a bit ... intense..

Lénekton Bot

02-11-2013

Quote:
Iustis:
He managed to do that much?...

Yes. I really have to think a way to verify users.

Now I have to track that dick spamming dude.

Riot Frosthaven

02-11-2013

Quote:
Lénekton Bot:

You could modify your injection script to scan the DOM for "Welcome, <USERNAME>" at the top and go from there? Perhaps you could parse the username from the innerHTML, and attach an "Activate my FEK" link to your custom dropdown menu that can interact with it in some way. Maybe have the link send the captured username to your website, and your website could then check the referring page to verify it's coming from the league forums.

Thanks for the hard work you've put into this system!

Edit: Scratch the first idea. It would be too easy to just copy the url of the activation link and modify the parameters. Another thought I had -

- When the browser extension is first run (requires user to be logged into the forums), it will access your website in the background with an asynchronous call that sends the parsed username from the top of the forums as well as a parsed region from the url (as you see this one is na.leagueoflegends.com/*)

- The registration would no longer ask the user to type in their username, as it's provided automatically by the extension, and will only request a password be set.

FujiyamaNoMokou

02-11-2013

Quote:
Lénekton Bot:

Now I have to track that dick spamming dude.

Randomly generated code sent to the email on the account that you have to verify through the addon on the page?

Probably can't because I'm tired and not thinking this through 100%

FujiyamaNoMokou

02-11-2013

Quote:
Moogle:
39 is a bit ... intense..

And you know, I've been hopping from thread to thread and you've complimented my taste in avatars twice, so thank you.

Have a source image.

Riot Frosthaven

02-11-2013

Quote:
TondrinKazama:
And you know, I've been hopping from thread to thread and you've complimented my taste in avatars twice, so thank you.

Have a source image.

Dead Man Wonderland! I was so sad that the series didn't last longer

Lénekton Bot

02-11-2013

Quote:
Frosthaven:
You could modify your injection script to scan the DOM for "Welcome, <USERNAME>" at the top and go from there? Perhaps you could parse the username from the innerHTML, and attach an "Activate my FEK" link to your custom dropdown menu that can interact with it in some way. Maybe have the link send the captured username to your website, and your website could then check the referring page to verify it's coming from the league forums.

Thanks for the hard work you've put into this system!

Edit: Scratch the first idea. It would be too easy to just copy the url of the activation link and modify the parameters. Another thought I had -

- When the browser extension is first run (requires user to be logged into the forums), it will access your website in the background with an asynchronous call that sends the parsed username from the top of the forums as well as a parsed region from the url (as you see this one is na.leagueoflegends.com/*)

- The registration would no longer ask the user to type in their username, as it's provided automatically by the extension, and will only request a password be set.

Very good ideas. Those would work well with the Chrome Extension but the userscript one would have troubles verifying the user.

I thought about requiring the users to post randomly generated string to some of their post and then inserting the link to my site where the server would parse it and then activate it.