Baron and inhibitor, which one is more important?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Your logic is severely broken.

Somehow, in the time it takes you to go kill a turret and inhibitor, only the enemy players have respawned. Your teammates, who died in the same teamfight are somehow not alive to help you defend Baron.

But on the otherside, if you go take Baron, your teammates will somehow have spawned fast enough to still get the buff?

Look, as I said, you should almost always take any possible opportunity to get Super Minions spawning. Super Minions in 1 lane turns the game into 6v5. Super minions in two lanes turn it into 7v5. And if you can manage all three lanes, it turns the game into 11v5 (when all 3 lanes have supers, each lane spawns 2 supers at a time). The supers are very tough and it takes a while for a champion or turret to kill them.

I mean, having supers in a lane is like split-pushing without leaving your team at a disadvantage in team fights.

And if you ward Baron, the enemy may still go after it, but

1) They're leaving their base undefended while your super minions run in. They'll almost definitely lose one nexus turret. And if not, your other two lanes will get a little farther pushed because the next wave of their minions will turn to fight supers instead of heading down a lane.

2) You're provided with an excellent opportunity for another Ace. If they engage Baron, you can initiate a team fight where Baron is dealing damage to them plus your team.

Slyverius

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
very confsed by many tihng here.
first you seem to think that your team lost 2 members in the battle to kill an inhibitor while their team was aced...or do you tihnk that champs dont ever respawn until their team is aced? they do.
second, if they have superminions goign into their base, and its 3v5...and they run to baron...you know three people could jsut kill their nexus while you kill baron,,,dunno if you thought of that one
Not lost, but they need to recall after duo-ing tower and inhib.

Champs do respawn, that's why you need to choose either baron or inhib.

And no, I didn't think that second scenario. =p

Slyverius

11-03-2012

Well, I still believe it's entirely situational, like whether they got Shen, 3 teleports, promote, etc :0 but now I'm convinced 90% of the time inhibitor is much better. Thanks

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyverius View Post
Well, I still believe it's entirely situational, like whether they got Shen, 3 teleports, promote, etc :0 but now I'm convinced 90% of the time inhibitor is much better. Thanks
Yes, of course it's situational. Everything is, especially towards this phase of the game.

But my emphasis remains on the importance of the super minions. Remember, the enemy doesn't have to be aced for you to take Baron, but if they take baron with supers in their base, it pretty much doesn't matter that they have baron, because they lost anyway.