Baron and inhibitor, which one is more important?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slyverius

11-03-2012

For example, its 30 min in the game. Your team is slightly behind, but somehow able to ace them in your 3rd mid tower while all of your lanes are pushed. Only ad carry and tank left alive with 1/2 hp. There's only enough time left to either get baron or backdoor enemies' 3rd tower and inhibitor. Which one do you choose?

Any answer with additional scenarios are welcomed, as long as with proper reasoning.

Notorìous

11-03-2012

i say baron, because i'd honestly think the 1.5k gold for your team would be more useful than super minions that the enemy team can just ignore in a teamfight. just my opinion anyways!

vulgarwolf

11-03-2012

baron respawns...turrets dont,its a no brainer
Baron hits are for after a good push

Grollm

11-03-2012

Here is a thing that a lot of people don't understand and ironically I learned this played ranked Twisted Treeline. It is much better to take Baron if you think it is going to be a long time gap between when you take their inhibitor and when you make the final push into their base. I know this sounds crazy, but think about it for a second. Their entire team is now up and you just finished their inhib. Now they are able to farm off super minions and wait until inhib respawns. So you just helped them get more gold and can potentially come back. Now if your team is incredibly fed and you can push shortly after you finish inhib then go for it and forget about Baron.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Its all situational. With the situation you provided, I probably would have taken inhib because the tank may not survive Baron. How fed is the carry? If he has 4 items, he can easily pop inhib and go grab baron. If he's only 2 in, I'd probably go take Baron for the extra damage he obviously needs at this point.

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

baron doesnt make the game closer to ending, inhibitors do

riolufistofmight

11-03-2012

id say baron, because if u dont take him now ur oponent can take him when u retreat

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

In the scenario described, it was a 5 for 3 trade. Only two players are up. While Baron would mean a lot of gold for your team, right now only two players on your team are getting the buff.

Meanwhile, if the two of you can go backdoor a turret and inhibitor, you get Super Minions spawning. These guys make a big difference.

Having the gold from Baron and the buff on 2 players will make a minor difference in teamfights. If you're already behind, it may just barely even you out.

Meanwhile, if you can get super minions spawning, you can virtually guarantee there's not another 5v5 until their inhibitor respawns. With this sort of team fight advantage (since at least some of their players have to remain busy with defending their base from supers), you will almost surely knock down another turret, or find another good opportunity to take Baron down.

Someone made the comment that Baron is the obvious choice because he respawns while turrets down. I'd actually say that it's for this reason that the turret is the better choice. With wards, you can stop your opponent from getting Baron, meanwhile if you take out a turret, it's never coming back. That's a big portion of the map where they don't have the turret to hide under, and it's less map awareness.

And again, like I said, super minions in one lane should almost translate to your team knocking down at least one or two turrets in the other.

Slyverius

11-03-2012

Turret and inhibitor might be a no-brainer, but at the time you destroyed it, all of the enemies will have respawned, then they will go straight to Baron, warded or not, pushed or not. Your team is forced to either give up Baron or try to contest it 3v5 for a dangerous, few seconds. At 30 min mark a full 5 team can kill Baron in a blink. Giving up Baron will give them power to push any lane, super minions or not.

Meanwhile, I think taking Baron is more for the safe route. When you get Baron, there's a good chance all of the players already respawned, including your teammates, so it's not really a waste. You deny the enemy team the buff too, and you have the advantage now. Though the game is no closer to end, it's got longer for sure. Keep in mind that your team is slightly behind at the original scenario.

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyverius View Post
Turret and inhibitor might be a no-brainer, but at the time you destroyed it, all of the enemies will have respawned, then they will go straight to Baron, warded or not. Your team is forced to either give up Baron or try to contest it 3v5 for a dangerous, few seconds. Giving up Baron will give them power to push any lane, super minions or not.

Meanwhile, I think taking Baron is more for the safe route. When you get Baron, there's a good chance all of the players already respawned, including your teammates, so it's not really a waste. You deny the enemy team the buff too, and you have the advantage now. Though the game is no closer to end, it's got longer for sure. Keep in mind that your team is slightly behind at the original scenario.
very confsed by many tihng here.
first you seem to think that your team lost 2 members in the battle to kill an inhibitor while their team was aced...or do you tihnk that champs dont ever respawn until their team is aced? they do.
second, if they have superminions goign into their base, and its 3v5...and they run to baron...you know three people could jsut kill their nexus while you kill baron,,,dunno if you thought of that one