Blood For Noxus! 2k Upvotes For Kat Skins!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Annapii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nademine View Post
I agree... it is a super flawed system. But they are worried about the hacking issues or w/e, if it became simple confirmation in the client. There's just no winning with trading the older skins.

Anywho, gl with the thread and gn
Thank you. Good night.

The Real Riggz

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annapii View Post
Actually. Most people sincerely can't do it- I've seen many threads similar to my own get downvoted to the negatives within hours of creation.
I had that problem for a little while. I don't understand what is so hard about hitting one button.

Annapii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
[CENTER]important update: an open letter to the community

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[an open letter to the community]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/center]

Hello League of Legends Community.

Originally, I was using this space to share an upcoming Headmistress Fiora cosplay with the community. I intended it to be a fun way to show my support and enjoyment for the game.

Please look at these screenshots.

[CENTER]Attachment 572401 Attachment 572403 Attachment 572406 Attachment 572408 Attachment 572409[/CENTER]

These summoners saw my thread. And from my summoner name and the work in progress picture I had posted of me wearing my incomplete cosplay, they concluded that I was a female. These screenshots show the first ten minutes of the resulting forty minute game.

I expected this cosplay to be something fun for myself and the community. But from the response I have received- not just from this game, but from posters in my thread- it is clear that my expectations were too optimistic.

For this reason, I have decided not to show my cosplay on the GD. However, I do plan on completing it and wearing it to an upcoming LoL Tournament. To the supportive few that were looking forward to the cosplay, I sincerely apologize.

Now, I would like to talk about this case. And other cases like it. In my two years of play, I have encountered far too many similar and worse situations. This is not an isolated nor rare incident. Nor is it solely related to my cosplay picture- I have never before provided pictures on League of Legends.

Many people seem to assume that women are always "white knighted." Or that when women identify themselves as women- through a summoner name, a statement, or a picture- they are automatically "putting out" for attention.

The only special treatment I have ever received for my gender is verbal abuse and sexual harassment from individuals that incorrectly assume the aforementioned.

If an individual stands up for me... Is he "white knighting"? Or is he standing up against sexism because it is a wrong thing?

If I have a feminine summoner name or post a picture of my cosplay... Am I "putting out"? Or am I merely unashamed of my gender?

Think about it.

Thank you for reading. Please enjoy your games. And when you do, please try not to make the game worse for other people. Especially not for such a stupid reason.
I just wanted to share this with the League community. For better or worse, I felt like these words had to be said.

SpiritHacker

12-11-2012

Bump

Annapii

12-11-2012

Thanks Spirit.

Annapii

12-11-2012

Maybe I'll try some TT or Dominion.

Annapii

12-11-2012

I actually really like both maps. I don't give it enough love.

SpiritHacker

12-11-2012

Quote:
Thanks Spirit.
For warning you of the impending doom? Anytime.

Thanks for giving me nightmares from Fiddlesticks while I try to get my 2h of sleep. :P

Annapii

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritHacker View Post
For warning you of the impending doom? Anytime.

Thanks for giving me nightmares from Fiddlesticks while I try to get my 2h of sleep. :P
asdf. I didn't mean to.

At least I got something to keep me awake while I do my papers.

Annapii

12-11-2012

The queue times for TT suck. I'll just do a SR>