Countering Kat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epictues

11-17-2012

also people are pretending like her ult lasts 10seconds and she doesnt do anythign else besides her ult.

her ult lasts 2seconds, so even if someone is specifically asssigned to cc her, by the time she is cc'd(considering she just randomly flashed in the middle of a chaotic fight), her ult has already done at least half of its damage.

the real way to counter Kat. is beat or go even with her in lane.
then when she starts to roam, have ur side lanes play defensively.

that way when late game comes around she is nothing out of control.

the problem is she snowballs fast. so you need to win those late game engagements. which should be very doable if she isnt fed

MuhGeeSher

11-17-2012

LeBlanc, Lux, Malz.. there are more but I prefer these to go against a Kat, although LB wouldn't be too good late-game.

Candentis

11-17-2012

Countering Kat is as simple as killing her first in a team fight, since as soon as her passive activates she wrecks the 4 people left. Don't just CC her away and forget about her.

Scarlet Reaper

11-17-2012

If you run ahri, you should destroy kat before lvl 3. this is when kat is weakest. concentrate on making her die or making her b... you also have a taunt to stop her ult

Bosnianmafia

11-18-2012

As a kat player you have to be able to control the kat player, Once kat hits 6 he will or at least should start roaming. I've gone against cho in mid so many times and he did out cs me but my ganking to bot and top lanes made us win the game. So a champion that can do pretty much what kat can do is the best way to counter her.

Qsario

11-18-2012

> the same can be said for Janna. she usually will use her stun as an initiate.

Knock-up, actually. She has both her Q and her ult to stop Katarina (and all the other channeled ults) and unless you've seen her ult, at least one of them is probably up, so it's not safe for Kat to ult unless Janna is OOM.