Promote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bucky1andonly

11-02-2012

So we all know what promote is. Very few people use it though. Why is that? I for one use it on a regular basis if I am solo top or mid. I am a rather aggressive player and push lanes hard, which makes it easier on the jungler as he has no need to gank if I am doing well. He can just concentrate on the other 2 lanes.

But back to promote.
I have been playing Yorick as of late, a lot, top or mid depending on where I am in the line up. Early game it is just push push push, ghouls + promoted minion = time to tp to base or if you know where the jungler is, keep pushing.

Even without using Yorick, a promoted minion makes it easier to go back to base. Do a bunch of damage to the enemy, promote minion, teleport back.

Late game it can backdoor turrets. While team fights are going on, promote in another lane and it can do a lot of damage to a turret or even take one out if low all the while making you money on the trip to the turret. While you are fighting possibly getting champ kills. It is just a great money make/pusher/backdoor thing.

There is also a problem. When people see me using promote, some tell me to not use it, some people complain, some dodge games. If you are one of these people, learn to use promote effectively with an appropriate champion, support champs are ideal since you will need money at some point. And if you refuse to use and/or learn about it, just stay quiet.

PROMOTE FTW!!!!

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

this was painful to read..gl with yorik promote/teleport mid transitioning into late game backdoors

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Support champions are not really appropriate champions to take promote on, as you're basically stuck with a useless summoner spell for the entirety of the laning phase.

In mid, I think if you really want to make sure your lane is covered, Teleport is a significantly better option. Not only are you able to teleport from base back to you lane to cut down on time out of lane, but you can also teleport to top/bottom lane to help with a gank.

Obviously teleport is a bad pick for a jungler.

The only place I can see Promote remotely viable is in the long solotop lane. And even this is only with certain champs. Some champs, like Nunu for example, can use Promote and Bloodboil on the siege minion to really get some strength and pushing power. And between Nunu's speed and his Q, Nunu can be great for using this opportunity to sneak into the enemy jungle and steal a buff, or go gank mid with his E.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Promote is viable with certain champs... just there is better options. It does help you push your lane, and if you're going to be doing a lot of ganking it can help you. Just wait for a cannon wave, destroy their cannon and clear a wave. Then go gank, and you'll be able to come.

He didn't say he took TP, he said TP back to base. Yorick would not survive without ghost/flash.

KnightxSScarlett

11-03-2012

I run promote in normals quite frequently just because it's funny. The reason people don't run promote in ranked is because promote pushes your lane and the idiotic American meta is prolong the lane phase.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
I run promote in normals quite frequently just because it's funny. The reason people don't run promote in ranked is because promote pushes your lane and the idiotic American meta is prolong the lane phase.

Call it idiotic all you'd like, but if you're winning your lane phase you want to keep laning. If you're losing your lane phase you want to end it.

As far as the American dog... if you're saying that go big or go home is a bad stance to have, go right ahead. But if I'm going to kick your head in, I'm going to do it with style.

KnightxSScarlett

11-03-2012

You're not going to kick my head in. You're going to lose because I've taken 9 turrets by 25 minutes while you've only taken 2 and you're kills down because I've forced the teamfight phase early while you're down in gold so we're ahead in build. Aaaaaand you're gonna cry because my promoted minion just backdoored your inhibitor while you're in our faces in mid.

Come at me bro.

People don't prolong a winning lane. They prolong an even lane in hopes of winning. The score is still 0-0 at 15 minutes in at bot lane, but we've got towers and you're still trying to farm while we hunt the rest of your team as a pack.

OneSixthIrish

11-03-2012

Quote:
You're not going to kick my head in. You're going to lose because I've taken 9 turrets by 25 minutes while you've only taken 2 and you're kills down because I've forced the teamfight phase early while you're down in gold so we're ahead in build. Aaaaaand you're gonna cry because my promoted minion just backdoored your inhibitor while you're in our faces in mid.

Come at me bro.

People don't prolong a winning lane. They prolong an even lane in hopes of winning. The score is still 0-0 at 15 minutes in at bot lane, but we've got towers and you're still trying to farm while we hunt the rest of your team as a pack.
Whoa, watch out. We got ourselves a badass over here.
Sorry Mageinta, which of the pro teams were you on in the world finals?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-03-2012

Quote:
If I'm down 7 turrets, down in kills, and down in gold, I'm not winning the laning phase.

I don't know. It just depends on the champions really. It's the style that most of the top American teams tend to use, because most of these teams tend to pick team comps that are based around being very strong late game.

If you have a strong late game, you want to prolong the laning phase. You want to get as much of your build accomplished farming minions in the laning phase as you can. When you extend the laning phase, you don't push late game farther away. Late game pretty much always shows up at the same time. When you extend laning phase, you're cutting part of the mid-game out.

But if you're not picking this sort of team, then you want to take a team that is very strong early game. You do want to push down towers and you want laning phase to end early. Again, this doesn't make late game happen early, it makes mid-game last longer and come earlier, when your early-game champs are still strong than their late game champs.

Moreover, if you end laning phase early, it's harder for those late game champs to get to the late game builds because they don't have a good place to farm minions.

So it's about whether the late game champs can protect their towers long enough to become more powerful than the early game champs by the time laning phase ends.

Fiveofswords

11-03-2012

extendng the laning phase has nothing to do with any 'amercan meta' whatever the f that is. And pushing doesnt necessarily shorten the laning phase.

Its very easy to push a lane without the promote spell.

Minions are usually slightly less clever than people in how they fight, and a promoted seige minion hardly has the stats to be some sort of threat.