how do YOU deal with Olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Honest question,, since the new tt came out i've seen nothing but Olafs, even before the free weeks and got stomped by a handful of them who could 1v3 no matter the build
Randuins+Fromal: check 1 v3 came out on top
Blade of the ruined king+Hog, Check 1v3 and came out on top
Pillager+Blade of the ruinedking check 1v3 at 200Hp!!! and came out on top, i honestly got tired of it and started runnink Tank warwick, because after i get some items i can outsustain his burst, so that's the question, how do you as a player deal with Olaf in SI???.

Frollexi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

ban or pick him

SaveTheMaids

11-02-2012

I like to run away from him.
Preferably in zig-zags to make landing his axes harder.

But seriously, chances are if he's fed that the people behind him aren't doing badly either.
If that's the case all you can do is play safe and look for chances to farm without getting killed.

If by some stroke of luck your able to catch up in farm or kills, destroy the squishier targets before him. Focusing him first will just get you ace'd. When he activates Ragnarok, ping for your teammates to retreat. Never fight fed Olaf when that ult is up (easier said than done I know).

It takes a lot to counter him when he gets fed, which can be difficult if you're playing with strangers.

As for a champion/build, Jarvan with Wicked Hatchet, FH/Omen, and Frozen Mallet has the capacity to shut him down in teamfights (Cataclysm can trap Olaf as long as he doesn't hit ghost at the right time to escape. Almost all Olafs run Ghost).

Trundle with Wicked Hatchet, Agony, and Pillar of Filth (to separate him from his team) can bring him down in teamfights as well.
It'll still take some skill and timing to pull these off though.

ThePsyborg

11-03-2012

--Play Shyvana, farm ALL the things, get to six items while he only has three and end the game.
--Play Anivia, spam Blue Ichors for manaregen, get good with walls.
--Play Teemo and don't get caught.

1onz

11-03-2012

Olaf is strong, but unlike some OP 3's champs, he can be easily contained. His lane phase is particularly weak early on so picking someone that can all-in him or deny him in lane is key to beating him. Xin zhao can easily out-trade him in lane phase and has enough burst to kill olaf in one go, kayle and yorick are other champs that can also do the same thing. If Olaf, however gets to farm freely, he can outscale most of the champions that do well vs him in lane phase.

Haeval

11-03-2012

teemo with at least 500 extra hp pwns olaf

FDru

11-03-2012

Tank Warwick. Try not to run out of mana.

Teemo. Kite and run like hell when he ults.

These are the champs I've done well against him with.