Who plays Magic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiora All Night

11-02-2012

My name kinda gives it away. I like my white soldier decks. Tokens for days...

Semper Damnatus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Magic is nothing like it used to be, the skill has dropped largely, before it took a couple cards to combo to do some amazing stuff, now all it takes is one...

Let Me Go Top

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraklinos View Post
I don't play Magic, but my name indicates the card game I do play.
Gladiator beasts 2stronk

Atrox Primus

11-02-2012

I'm a rather old fashioned Magic player, but I hardly ever play these days.

It all got a little stale after I completed my Sliver deck.

Sybil Cut

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFedeles View Post
Magic is nothing like it used to be, the skill has dropped largely, before it took a couple cards to combo to do some amazing stuff, now all it takes is one...
You should take off those nostalgia goggles. The level of power creep in the game now is STILL not even quite what it was back in Urza's block. Remember Combo Winter? Sure, cards in general are more powerful, but cards back then were bad.

Charon Claw

11-03-2012

huh, seems im one of the few that actually play irl eh? that being said, EDH really kinda took over my playgroup.... not really sure how i feel about that...

NachoAVGnerd

11-03-2012

I've got a sick Atog/ornithopter/enduring renewal deck, That ****s probably ban these days. Back in the day I made hobby store nerds cry.... Then I would go home and cry into my pillow when I realized I was one as well.

Goddess Din

11-03-2012

I played a lot for a long time, over the past year I haven't touched my cards but I have like, 2.5k or so.

Me want play nao :3

Edit: OH I just remembered why I stopped playing, all my friends pretty much exclusively play EDH, and I really don't enjoy that game style :'(

Edit 2: I'm obsessed with any mono blue or blue+<other colour(s)> control/stall deck(s). Nothing beats the fun of watching your opponent cringe in frustration because you're effectively playing the game for them, lol.

IS130d109c04756628c7529

11-03-2012

I used to. But it was something I couldn't afford to stay an active part of. I'm in highschool and unemployed, so I don't have much money to spend on something as frivolous as trading cards. And the whole annual rotations makes it a royal pain (and money trap) to keep up.

Personally, I'm considering getting into the Pokemon tcg simply because you can weigh the packs and ensure you get holo cards which are often worth more than you paid for the pack. In a sense it could pay for itself. I don't think magic has a whole lot of holo cards though, so that method doesn't really work for mtg.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2012

Yeah I don't keep up with the format rotations either.
I've got my Cube, my EDH decks, and most of the relevant Legacy/Modern staples, and that's enough for me.