I need a new ARPG

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the flail

11-02-2012

For 360 or PS2

Along the lines of Star Ocean, preferably.

There's only so many times I can grind my way through SO4 before it gets old.

Any suggestions?

the flail

11-03-2012

99 views and not a single suggestion?

='(

Einheria Valesti

11-03-2012

The Tales of series! My favorite Jrpg series <3 Other than Golden Sun that is, but you asked for an action game :P

Valkyrie Profile 2 on the ps2 is pseudo action-y, and it's where I got my user name from

the flail

11-03-2012

Lol, sorry, I just can't go back to menus after Skyrim+kinect. Thanks! I'll check them out!

Einheria Valesti

11-03-2012

If you want more modern Tales of games then look for Tales of Vesperia (on the 360 only unless you want a japanese import) or Tales of Graces which is on the ps3, its a wii port but it's still a pretty good game in its own right.

The next in the series Tales of Xillia is a ps3 exclusive and it set to be released her in a while! There's tons of other ones on most consoles though if you look, gamecube, wii, ps1, ps2, gameboy, psp and snes

the flail

11-03-2012

Yeah, I've always looked at the tales games and thought, "you know, I have most of the consoles those are on. They look awesome." And then I buy an RE game and spend half my life looking for emblems and going for top rank.

Einheria Valesti

11-03-2012

Try em out! They're all fairly "generic" if you've played any amount of Jrpg's in your life but there's something about them thats infectiously fun and charming. It gets better as you play more of them and understand all the inside jokes and cameo's that are stuffed into them. They're all massively meaty games too with extra difficulties, trophies/achievements, hidden bosses, treasures, etc. Old school rpg goodness with an action battle system and a polish <3

the flail

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibalung View Post
Try em out! They're all fairly "generic" if you've played any amount of Jrpg's in your life but there's something about them thats infectiously fun and charming. It gets better as you play more of them and understand all the inside jokes and cameo's that are stuffed into them. They're all massively meaty games too with extra difficulties, trophies/achievements, hidden bosses, treasures, etc. Old school rpg goodness with an action battle system and a polish <3

^ ^ ^=So much win. Pretty much everything I'm looking for.

Sladius

11-05-2012

Dark souls and demon souls great memories from those games

Amberleh

11-05-2012

Suikoden III is my favorite game ever. It's for the PS2.

However it is outdated- It came out 10 years or more ago so while the graphics and combat were good at the time... They don't really hold up now. If you're okay with that though I would give it a shot- One of the best stories in a JRPG of all time, AND it's one where you actually are able to make a few choices that change the outcome.

It's got duck people. DUCK PEOPLE. They're super badass too.