Language barriers ruining the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizamimi

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmiand View Post
Uso inglés en TODOS mis juegos. De hecho, en cierta ocasión estaba contra un equipo compuesto solo por argentinos y aún así, antes de saberlo, todo sucedió en inglés. Aún con mis compañeros chilenos utilizamos jerga en inglés, así que sí, es siempre. El español solo lo uso cuando se trata de juego pre hechos con solo gente que sé que habla español.

Por lo demás, no es ese mi problema, sino que al banear IP's, ¿cómo distinguirían a un buen jugador sudamericano de uno que no coopera? Si baneasen IP's para toda LA, eso quiere decir que yo también sería baneado, no por mis habilidades, sino que por mi nacionalidad. Eso hace de esta una propuesta injusta y racista. Ese es mi problema.
Because South America is not North America. DERP.

Banning non-regional IPs is nothing new in online gaming communities. I want this to happen now.

OGmudboneBLASTED

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown View Post
Might also be the fact that your not even deck out in t3 runes lol. And i haven't ever had this problem from lvl 1-30 and in ranked matches O_O.Besides foreign people may not even be bad players so you may learn something from them. Not everybody plays the same way. Looking for asian turtle and ricers JUST LIKE DOTA
I never said foreign players are bad. I'm pretty sure for the most part foreign players are just as good as everyone else. I said I don't like being trolled by foreign kids. which happens quite often. I have a lot of friends who speak multiple languages on my buddy list that play great. They all speak fluent english however.

OGmudboneBLASTED

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizamimi View Post
Because South America is not North America. DERP.

Banning non-regional IPs is nothing new in online gaming communities. I want this to happen now.
Yeah I don't think he understood what I meant by making servers more localized.. lol

Takalah

10-04-2010

I speak English only.. but I keep my mind open to the fact that this is planet earth. If you need a history recap on why different languages are spoken on planet earth, I refer you to my old dusty history book. Once upon a time, there was a supercontinent, Pangea. This great continent was composed of all the other continental crusts combined into one. After its division through plate tectonics over a couple billion years, continental drift made it difficult for land species... anyways, you can either lobby to make English the only language spoken in the U.S. or you can beat up a vertical-rail fence with gaps in it and tell the Mexicans to stay out.

OMGWTFHAPPEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2010

Quote:
Estoy harto de estos topics apareciendo a cada rato. Let this be clear: I can and I speak english fluently. Sin embargo, dado que estoy harto de ser considerado ciudadano de segunda clase solo por vivir en otro país y ser presa de los prejuicios gringos, no hablaré en inglés en estos topics.
Por lo demás, no han dicho nada nuevo. Reitero que es muchísimo peor encontrarse con personas que sí hablan inglés pero que se rehusan a cooperar con el equipo solo porque son unos imbéciles. Si banean IP's, quisiera que esos norteamericanos, pefectamente capacitados para entablar comunicación, sean baneados también. Si no, déjense de llorar de una vez.
I'm sick of these topics appearing all the time. Let This Be clear: I can and I speak fluently español. However, since I'm tired of being considered second-class citizen just because they live in another country and fall prey to prejudices gringos do not speak English in these topics.
Moreover, they have not said anything new. Again, this is much worse to find people who do speak English but who refuse to cooperate with the team just because they're idiots. If they ban IP's, like those Americans, perfectly well able to establish communication, are also banned. If not, allow yourself to mourn at once.

google translate is so awesome, i think they got the allow yourself to mourn at once wrong

OMGWTFHAPPEN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2010

Quote:
Uso inglés en TODOS mis juegos. De hecho, en cierta ocasión estaba contra un equipo compuesto solo por argentinos y aún así, antes de saberlo, todo sucedió en inglés. Aún con mis compañeros chilenos utilizamos jerga en inglés, así que sí, es siempre. El español solo lo uso cuando se trata de juego pre hechos con solo gente que sé que habla español.

Por lo demás, no es ese mi problema, sino que al banear IP's, ¿cómo distinguirían a un buen jugador sudamericano de uno que no coopera? Si baneasen IP's para toda LA, eso quiere decir que yo también sería baneado, no por mis habilidades, sino que por mi nacionalidad. Eso hace de esta una propuesta injusta y racista. Ese es mi problema.
Use English in all my games. In fact, at one time was against a team composed only of Argentina and yet, before you know, everything happened in English. Even with my fellow Chileans use English slang, so yes, it is forever. The Spanish only use it when it comes to game pre made only people I know who speaks Spanish.

Moreover, this is not my problem, but to ban IP's, how to distinguish a good one South American player who does not cooperate? If baneasen IP's for all, that means that I too would be banned, not because of my abilities, but because of my nationality. That makes this an unfair and racist proposal. That's my problem.

FuYA

10-04-2010

If Riot decided to start banning South American IP's they would probably have to get some way for them to continue playing. Like a Garena Type thing. But I really dont think that is gonna happen. You cant just ban 100's of Millions of IP's if just because you dont like what language they speak. If you told me that the Server was meant to be for English speakers only, but the original intention was to make it for all of North America. Which actually does include my country in some definitions of the term.

Ive been playing on here since August of 2009. And I've had more games with and against bad American players than Ive had total with any number of people who just troll about in spanish. There are hundreds more Trolls that decide to Troll in english, than people that troll in Spanish, Portugese and French.

I always stick to English. But some times I'll get pulled into a 4man premade of Spanish speakers or Brazileans. And Alot of times they are pretty good, when they are not the cry and moan just like americans would about feeders and afkers or whatever.

But anyways my Original point is that even if you decided to Ban South American IP's you would still get Every country north of Columbia on Here which includes alot of Spanish and French Speakers. And the only people that need to do anything special to play on the NA servers are players from SEA, Who are actually banned because of the Agreement with Garena.

Gizamimi

10-04-2010

Quote:
100's of Millions of IP's
IPs...IPs everywhere.

I think you might have overshot the LoL population by a few 100's of millions.

Etyn

10-04-2010

It is not hard to watch the minimap and notice when an enemy is mia.

It is not hard to understand ping signals. (pinging a lane then another lane to indicate an enemy is moving from one lane to another)

Or to ping gank locations when you think there is an enemy coming.

It is not hard to bring clarivoyance to help you and your team avoid ganks.

It is not hard to play with someone when spoken language is the only difference.

It is hard however, to blame yourself for going 0/10/0.

Nhan Fiction

10-04-2010

It is just frustrating when you play with someone who can't speak a word of English. In a game where communication is vital, being unable to speak to just one player can prove detrimental. Seriously, a person wouldn't go to another country without knowing something about that country's language, so it is mind-boggling that people would try playing with the same circumstance.