Language barriers ruining the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metalopol

Senior Member

10-04-2010

The thing is what are you going to do if people dont understand you or viceversa, ofcourse it sucks, me as a multilingual translator I am happy and glad to translate for other people when like half the team speaks english and the other spanish.. its funny to see each other insult eachother but oh well. yet! the ping language is universal... o9h and use it as a motivation to learn other languages its amazing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warscythes

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmudboneBLASTED View Post
Well it's true. I'm no racist but I don't enjoy being trolled by my own team because they think americans are pigs.
and it happens every other game, which is 50% of the time, and they are all non-US citizens(Who says US citizens cannot speak another language?).

If you are going to make stuff up to support your argument at least try a bit harder.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enmiand

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Estoy harto de estos topics apareciendo a cada rato. Let this be clear: I can and I speak english fluently. Sin embargo, dado que estoy harto de ser considerado ciudadano de segunda clase solo por vivir en otro país y ser presa de los prejuicios gringos, no hablaré en inglés en estos topics.
Por lo demás, no han dicho nada nuevo. Reitero que es muchísimo peor encontrarse con personas que sí hablan inglés pero que se rehusan a cooperar con el equipo solo porque son unos imbéciles. Si banean IP's, quisiera que esos norteamericanos, pefectamente capacitados para entablar comunicación, sean baneados también. Si no, déjense de llorar de una vez.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

saucelah

Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmudboneBLASTED View Post
Regardless of areas that a second language is spoken I'm of the firm belief that if you live in a country you should speak its primary language.
Iroquois? Dutch? Spanish? French? They were all here as long or longer than English. Also, I'm an English teacher---it takes 7 years to master a second language on average (meaning for half the world, it takes even longer)---how do you know they are not learning English?

And North America isn't just the US, so even if we had an official language, this comment makes no sense. Planning to tell Mexicans and Quebecois what languages they are allowed to use on the internet?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OGmudboneBLASTED

Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce View Post
1) Get Better
2) Elo will rise, teammates/enemies will become better
3) Non-english speakers fade away into the oblivion of elo hell
My Elo is low because I can't win games because my team feeds due to poor communication and I get wrecked by fed enemies mid game. Solution smart guy?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gizamimi

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
I can and I speak english fluently.
And my grammar is teh sux.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OGmudboneBLASTED

Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmiand View Post
Estoy harto de estos topics apareciendo a cada rato. Let this be clear: I can and I speak english fluently. Sin embargo, dado que estoy harto de ser considerado ciudadano de segunda clase solo por vivir en otro país y ser presa de los prejuicios gringos, no hablaré en inglés en estos topics.
Por lo demás, no han dicho nada nuevo. Reitero que es muchísimo peor encontrarse con personas que sí hablan inglés pero que se rehusan a cooperar con el equipo solo porque son unos imbéciles. Si banean IP's, quisiera que esos norteamericanos, pefectamente capacitados para entablar comunicación, sean baneados también. Si no, déjense de llorar de una vez.
In games where people can't understand spanish do you use english? I'm sure you do. If so this thread is not about people like you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warscythes

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmudboneBLASTED View Post
My Elo is low because I can't win games because my team feeds due to poor communication and I get wrecked by fed enemies mid game. Solution smart guy?
and it happens all the time right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enmiand

Senior Member

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmudboneBLASTED View Post
In games where people can't understand spanish do you use english? If so this thread is not about people like you.
Uso inglés en TODOS mis juegos. De hecho, en cierta ocasión estaba contra un equipo compuesto solo por argentinos y aún así, antes de saberlo, todo sucedió en inglés. Aún con mis compañeros chilenos utilizamos jerga en inglés, así que sí, es siempre. El español solo lo uso cuando se trata de juego pre hechos con solo gente que sé que habla español.

Por lo demás, no es ese mi problema, sino que al banear IP's, ¿cómo distinguirían a un buen jugador sudamericano de uno que no coopera? Si baneasen IP's para toda LA, eso quiere decir que yo también sería baneado, no por mis habilidades, sino que por mi nacionalidad. Eso hace de esta una propuesta injusta y racista. Ese es mi problema.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmudboneBLASTED View Post
My Elo is low because I can't win games because my team feeds due to poor communication and I get wrecked by fed enemies mid game. Solution smart guy?
Might also be the fact that your not even deck out in t3 runes lol. And i haven't ever had this problem from lvl 1-30 and in ranked matches O_O.Besides foreign people may not even be bad players so you may learn something from them. Not everybody plays the same way. Looking for asian turtle and ricers JUST LIKE DOTA